View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
hein
Mech. Engineer CAD/CNC

Thanked 1,280 Times in 753 Posts
Default Re: Painted the seat pedestals

I've been working on the audio/video system. There is a Kenwood (AM/FM/CD/DVD/etc) head unit in the dash, back up camera over the rear door, sub woofer amp under the passenger seat, and TV to the right of the passenger side sliding door.

The rear TV is connected to the head unit video/audio out for DVD playback. Also, a video+audio source runs the from back to front so the TV sound can be piped through the audio system and a future video source can be seen on the head unit. I also have HDMI wires going to the TV from a future overhead cabinet where a Blueray/DVD and satellite box will be located. There are RF cables for cable and roof top antenna going to an A/B switch and then to the TV RF in. All those wires combined with speakers and power/ground make for quite bundle.

I upgraded to Infinity speakers in the doors and added two more in the headliner in back over the TV. There will be a 10" sub in the back somewhere. I disconnected the OEM center dash speaker and retained the OEM dash tweeters.

I robbed the blocks off the side of the OEM radio and mounted them to the new head unit. Makes it very sturdy.

And machined some adapter rings (which we sell on ebay) for the 6.5" door speakers.

More....

TV install test. The TV will either be removed from the arm or strapped to a cradle for travel.

Head Unit installed with toggle switch (lower left of adapter panel) to transfer the audio/video system from vehicle power to coach power. The head unit, sub amp and 12V TV each have a relay that allows them to be switched between vehicle or coach power. The relays are controlled by the switch.

Last edited by hein; 03-21-2017 at 02:29 AM.
hein is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hein For This Useful Post:
rascorp (10-07-2015)