View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 03:31 AM   #4
ChadBuilds
Chad

Default Re: 2017 4x4 Build Out - Grey Escape

Finished the first major project! I sprayed the front fender flares, trim, bumpers and rocker panels with U-Pol Raptor. I highly recommend this product. Super easy to use and apply. There are a host of videos out there with good advice. I sanded the trim while I had it off to seal the clips using an old random orbit sander with 120 grit sandpaper. This worked really well. I ended up removing the rear bumper and mud flaps to sand them as well. I sanded the front bumper and mud flaps on the van. I learned quickly to sand the painted areas of the van (rocker panels and fender flare) by hand to prevent going through the paint. I then reinstalled all of the trim except the fog lamp bezels and masked everything off.

I used one can of U-Pol #4 adhesion promoter to get into joints and crevices. I then ended up spraying two coats of Raptor as recommended. The first was a thinner coat and the second was more geared at getting good coverage. I ended up using one kit, which has 4 one liter bottles. If anyone would like more specifics please let me know and I will be happy to go into more detail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flare-Closeup.JPG (205.1 KB, 1551 views)
File Type: jpg Trim-Overall.JPG (223.6 KB, 1488 views)
ChadBuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChadBuilds For This Useful Post:
AEmedic (07-25-2018), dodger413 (03-17-2018), ptheland (03-31-2018)