View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
The Guru

Default Australia Post - NCV3 Sprinter

Australia Post has signed a five year contract with Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific for the supply of Mercedes-Benz vans.

The agreement will see Australia Post’s exiting fleet of mail vans replaced with the award-winning Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van.

Following an extensive tender process, Australia Post selected the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter due to a number of factors, including:

Unrestricted kerbside access
Vehicle specification
Cost of ownership
A driver field test evaluation

The new contract for the Mercedes Benz Sprinter van includes:

Leading-edge Mercedes-Benz safety technology, including features such as Adaptive Electronic Stability Programme ESP®
EU4 emission class engine performance
Five-speed full automatic transmission]
Benchmark levels of driver ergonomics, offering valuable features such as parking sensors
Extensive customer support, including a three-year/200,000 km parts and labour warranty, 24-hour roadside assistance, significant parts support and the backing of a nationwide dealer network
Provision for vehicle maintenance
Proven key account management by Mercedes-Benz Vans

Commenting on the van supply contract, managing director for commercial vehicles at Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific, Ken Matthews, said Australia Post’s decision to put the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter into such a vital role was yet another strong indication of the model’s versatility, reliability and performance in larger fleet operations.

“I am delighted with Australia Post’s decision,” said Matthews.

“This year, Mercedes-Benz Vans has commenced its tenth year in the Australian market and my team and I are very happy to welcome Australia Post as a new customer,” concluded Matthews.

Mercedes-Benz will provide a tailored version of the strong selling Sprinter van, delivering vehicles in Australia Post’s distinct red paint ex-factory.

Australia Post joins a growing catalogue of major organisations that have made the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter its choice of van. The award-winning and versatile Sprinter will soon add nationwide mail delivery to its ever-growing and impressive résumé, which already includes ambulance service in a variety of states across Australia and luxury motor home service in both Australia and New Zealand with leading brands Britz and Maui
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i_mercedesbenz_sprinter_red_fr_ap_08feb.jpg (16.1 KB, 108 views)
The Guru is offline   Reply With Quote