New Sprinter-Wiki (Sprinter-101) Link

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Sprinter-Wiki (Sprinter 101) Info/Help

The Sprinter-Forum and the Sprinter-Wiki are now linked via a single login, meaning you either log in from the Forum or the Wiki using the same Username and Password.

But that's not why I'm starting this thread. :smirk: I need help on the Sprinter history. Should we even list information about the T1 (before 1995), or should we just start with the T1N? My guess is to start with the T1N since the moniker of "Sprinter" started with the T1N. I guess we can add the pre-1995 information as we see fit, but I want to concentrate mainly on the information that we have on the T1Ns and the NCV3s.

Also, what year did the front grille of the T1N change to the half-moon cutout of the hood (bonnet)?

We can discuss the information here and I can add to the Wiki or you're welcome to play around with the Wiki page. Please note that we want the Wiki page to be like a Sprinter 101 informational page separate to the discussions we have here at the Forum (even though there's a discussion page on the Wiki, there's no problem in using that instead of this (Sprinter-Forum). No problem on making mistakes. There's a "revert" function on the Wiki that can get us back to the working original.

I'm trying to mimic the Sprinter 101 to this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Tacoma

...I think it's a really well organized page. Also, the infoboxes on our Wiki are not completely the same as what's on Wikipedia. They have all sorts of Parser Functions installed that makes the Tacoma Infoboxes look the way it does. It's a big mess with no standard as to what was added to make it look the way it does. :idunno:

Also, this is our old Wiki...

https://sprinter-source.com/wikiold/index.php5?title=Main_Page

...there was a lot of work put into it by Zach Woods, so I'm keeping it up and hopefully/maybe use some of it to populate the new one. Eventually it'll be moved off and deleted for space reasons.

Thanks for listening!

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Re: Sprinter-Wiki (Sprinter 101) Info/Help

Can anyone tell me the three or four transmissions that are available for both T1N and NCV3? There's the...

NAG1
Sprintshift - semi-automatic? how many speeds?
5 speed stick?
6 speed stick?

So it doesn't get lost in my mumbo-jumbo post above...

What year did the front grille of the T1N change to the half-moon cutout of the hood (bonnet)?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite

Yes 1995 to 1998 4 speed
98 onwards to late 2005 5 speed
1995 to late 1999 Notice narrow air vent
800px-Mercedes_sprinter_1_v_sst.jpg
2000 onwards to 2002
23.jpg
2002 to 2005 wider air vent
DSC00533 (Large).jpg
Sprintshift both 5 and six speed not sure of year change over, I'd guess 2000 Series ranges from 901 to 906.
Richard

sikwan

06 Tin Can

Thanks Richard! I didn't even notice the air vent. :bow:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite

two dash designs and I think there is a third air vent , I'll check over the weekend, thinking I may have mixed up the gears between the auto and the semi-auto one was four speed Not 100% on this yet..OK
PS Simon would know.
Richard

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans

Sprintshift six speed only since introduction here in 2000. The true auto alternative at the time was a four speed.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite

Sprintshift six speed only since introduction here in 2000. The true auto alternative at the time was a four speed.
Thanks Simon I knew I was a little out due to aging time frames:shhh: So the sprintshift was six speed and always was, correct.
The standard auto went from 4 speed.. to 5 speed on the Older tins correct. This was of course dependent on the weight and engine capacity. hence manual as the main transmission of choice.
Richard

Top Bottom