Tools In Your Sprinter Roolbox - whatdoyahave?

Okie Rick

First...are there any SAE - not metric - nuts, bolts or threads on the Sprinters in general and Dodge Sprinters in particular?

I have various screw drivers including six torx or star - whatever you call them in your part of the world, a couple hammers, pliers, vice grips, three cressant wrenches, box and end metric wrenches, regular and deep metric sockets with extensions, etc, a hydraulic jack, flashers, flash light, gloves and rags and an assortment of nuts, bolts, washers, screws, wire crimper, tape and a set of cover-alls to crawl into, bottled water & power bars (snack) and ... other things I can't recall at the moment.

Winter brings out survival gear.

Anyone have any other needy items to carry?

Rick
-

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
First...are there any SAE - not metric - nuts, bolts or threads on the Sprinters in general and Dodge Sprinters in particular?

I have various screw drivers including six torx or star - whatever you call them in your part of the world, a couple hammers, pliers, vice grips, three cressant wrenches, box and end metric wrenches, regular and deep metric sockets with extensions, etc, a hydraulic jack, flashers, flash light, gloves and rags and an assortment of nuts, bolts, washers, screws, wire crimper, tape and a set of cover-alls to crawl into, bottled water & power bars (snack) and ... other things I can't recall at the moment.

Winter brings out survival gear.

Anyone have any other needy items to carry?

Rick
-
You forgot the fridge:lol:
Along with the Tire repair kit
DSC00999(1) (Custom).JPG

DSC01001(1) (Custom).JPG

DSC01208(1) (Custom).JPG

DSC00966(1) (Custom).JPG
And the all purpose 3 in one diagnostic tester
just when you can't find a technician
DSC01053(1) (Custom).JPG

mackconsult

No pictures for me .... here is my list.

First off I have two milk crates, in front and behind my bench seat.

-tow strap
-jumper cables
-WD40
-ducttape
-towells/rags
-extra 3/8" and 1/4" fuel injection line, with splice kits, & injection clamps
-tarps
-line
-black trash bags
-zip ties of various sizes
-extra filters for both WVO and diesel
-tool chest full of various tools
-several of those free harbor freight flashlights
-electric air pump
-water bottles
-bungee cords
-DAD (always bring the laptop with me)

seans

I carry much of the stuff in the other lists. Some of the stuff below is carried regularly and some only on long road trips (RT). It will help you McGyver a solution to many problems.

Additional tools/stuff (or clarification)
  • Black gaffer's tape - pay for the 3M quality stuff which does not leave a residue, the cheaper stuff does - use sparingly on surfaces where you don't want residue and needs to last more than a few weeks (can last for many years.) Hide this from the kids and use duct tape for throw-away tasks.
  • Soldering iron, solder, solder wick, heat sink paste, replacement tip. A temp. controlled iron will work better and last longer. A Weller soldering gun.
  • Anderson Power Pole parts. I'm converting cig. adapters to these. Panel mount housings are available.
  • Cable ties. But buy a small amount and test them first for strength. Am finding many ties in stores that seem OK but that slip apart. Could use some suggestions for a known quality brand. Purchase black for UV resistance.
  • Heat shrink tubing in an assortment of sizes
  • Silicone glue caulk
  • Heat gun (can be small hobby kind) (RT)
  • Glue gun and extra glue (RT)
  • Extension cord
  • 30A RV adapter
  • 2" wide velcro - a long roll
  • Heavy duty ratcheting straps, 20' long, made of yellow webbing, found at Home Depot
  • Light duty ratcheting straps, 4-6 for various tie-down tasks
  • Raincoat
  • Deck screws of different lengths
  • A bunch of plastic grocery bags, paper towels
  • Ziploc freezer bags (for parts storage), small containers

Other tools that have been handy on road trips, some purchased on the road:
  • Jigsaw (RT) - useful for temporary fabrications
  • Battery operated drill and bits (RT)
  • Generator (RT)
  • Battery charger (RT)
  • Trailer hitch cargo tray (RT)
  • Heavy duty snow chains (RT) for getting traction on mud, etc.

Many tools can be found over time. For example, I keep a soldering gun in the toolbox which I found for $1 at a yard sale. Good for quick, rough soldering work (such as connecting wires) when you don't want to wait for the iron to heat up.

Top Bottom