Photos

L

Llarry

I am unable to see any of the photos that you have attached to your posts, Seek. "2007 Sprinter" and the one of your Sprinter in front of the bridge. I see other pics, and I'm able to attach photos and see them.

What I get is a red X and when I right-click on it and select "show picture" I still get the X. Ideas?

140van

Llarry:

Are those the only ones that you have problems with? I can see them on this account when logged in.

Hmmm, let me look at it...

Thanks,
Seek

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Llarry,

I checked the settings and they are the same for everyone, including you. If you're still having problems, please let me know. I'll probably have to dig in deeper.

Thanks,
Seek

L

Llarry

Llarry,
I checked the settings and they are the same for everyone, including you. If you're still having problems, please let me know. I'll probably have to dig in deeper.
Thanks,
Seek
Still the same, Seek. For the 2007 pics thread, I used the feature to display the thread in a printable form. Then each pic was clickable to see one at a time. But I still see only Xs in the original post.

140van

Anyone else see this problem? I can't duplicate it and Llarry's account settings look the same as everyone else's?

Thanks,
Seek

Zach Woods

Hi Llarry -

I'm probably asking the obvious with these questions but here goes:

1. What Operating System are you using (name & version)?

2. What Web Browser are you using (name & version)?

Can you see the icon's and (ie when viewing this thread do you see little manilla folder icons to the left of the menu path down to this thread - starts with Sprinter-Forum.com and ends with Photos) and the blue Sprinter in the top left of every page?

Just trying to help get this working right. I see graphics (pictures, icons, etc.) A-OK.

Zach

L

Llarry

1. What Operating System are you using (name & version)?

2. What Web Browser are you using (name & version)?

Can you see the icon's and (ie when viewing this thread do you see little manilla folder icons to the left of the menu path down to this thread - starts with Sprinter-Forum.com and ends with Photos) and the blue Sprinter in the top left of every page?

Zach
1. Windows XP Home Edition, version 2002, service pack 2

2. IE6

I can see all the icons. I see the avatars (yours is cool, by the way!) I see the photo at the sprinter-forum.com start page. I think all the graphics are OK except for the photos that Seek attaches. I've attached a couple of photos myself and see those.

Let's see, has anyone other than Seek and I attached images to a posting? hkpierce posted a couple in the "Know your 2.7 Diesel engine version" thread and those show up fine for me. I'm also on other forums using this format and see pics just fine.

Let me search for more photos, posted by others, too...

Edit: (a few minutes later) Interesting! Only Seek and I have posted photos as attachments to postings. He has posted many (subwoofers, wheels, 2007 pics, his Sprinter by the bridge) and I can only see one -- probably the very first one he posted in the test section (rear view of Sprinter with bike and gear inside, his son in foreground.) I posted one as a test and one in the general discussion area -- I see those OK.

Last edited:

soflo316

I'm having the same problem. I can see the icons, but only X's within the thread itself. I'm running XP SP2 w/IE 6 and all updates. Might be a security setting? I'll try a few changes and see.
Todd

I CAN see pics on some other VBulletin boards I go on, like club202.com
Strange

Zach Woods

Howdy Llarry (& others) -

Try a photo I posted as an attachment a couple of days ago via the following link: http://sprinter-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13

I've got a machine using the same OS & IE versions and I see the recently attached photos by Seek A-OK.

Hey Seek -

Are you using the manage attachments button to attach your pictures or are you doing it some other way?

How about the following picture, Llarry:

Just trying to help solve this mystery!

Zach

Attachments

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Are you using the manage attachments button to attach your pictures or are you doing it some other way?
Yes.

1. I used either the manage attachment button up top (paperclip icon) or I hit the button labeled manage attachments at the bottom. A window appears and I select up to 10 files and hit the upload.

2. I then use the pulldown menu of the paperclip icon on top to insert my files that I just uploaded.

Zach, I can't see the image at the bottom. It's some long link that wraps around.

Edit: I actually see it now, after I download it.

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
Hi Seek -

Let me try some of the attachment management options that you mentioned to see how they work for me and how they show up for Llarry.

Zach
View attachment 54
Zach: whatever it is that is in the hyperlink [above it shows up a Attachement 54, but in my version of what I see of your post it is actually a long string of characters - the "copy/paste" and "quote" function did not bring over a true representtation of what I see], I can't see it or get it to open.

Update: I had success in launching the copied version from my reply as opposed to launching from your post. Must be a string length problem.

Last edited:
L

Llarry

Hi Seek -

Let me try some of the attachment management options that you mentioned to see how they work for me and how they show up for Llarry.

Zach
Your pics do not display for me when I am reading the thread but I see them fine when I click on them, Zack.

Seek's most recent tries in posts number 8 and 10 of this thread do not display for me -- still just Xs...

I appreciate soflo316 chiming in, too -- misery loves company. :D

Speaking of attachments, here is a pdf with some 2007 specs. Testing 1 2 3, 3 2 1...

Attachments

Zach Woods

Howdy All -

I am going to experiment w/ attached vs. inline images as much as anything so I can try to understand how they work.

I can see, I think, all images that I should be able to, and I can click on and then view all images that should work that way.

It looks like the download filename from my test was overlong and that was causing problems so I have created a version with a shorter name which I think is going to work better.

I do notice that there appear to be two different ways to get images connected to a post. The first is the paperclip icon at the top of the message edit window. This allows documents including images to be attached and then it looks like a link can be put inline into the message that will bring up that image. Then there is the "mountain" icon which allows an http addressable image to be connected to a document.

Here goes . . .

Zach

Westy & West Point sm.JPG

wallpaper_1_800x600.jpg

Zach Woods

Hello Again -

When I look back at the message that I just posted I can see inline all but the second to last image (which I can view by clicking on the link that is listed and then I am brought to that image in my browser window).

It looks like hk was correct that string length was making it necessary for vBulletin to do a link rather than including an image inline. When I shortened the unruly download file name of the same image it now appears to work A-OK.

Maybe the folks that are having trouble joined/ set up their membership at a time when the settings were different and they are suffering from those old/ faulty settings.

Llarry -

Would you be willing to try setting up a new membership for yourself and then looking at one/ some of the images that you have trouble with via your current membership. If the new membership works then we can figure out what to do about the two separate memberships then.

Zach

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
Zach:

with regard to Post 16 in this thread,

1) as a guest I can see the Sprinter-Forum image. How did you do that?

2) as a guest, I hit http://sprinter-forum.com/forum/atta...4&d=1159274813, which sent me to the log-in site. After logging on, the graphic showed up, but it then would not let me go anyway else on the site. When I backed-out, I was no longer logged-in.

Zach Woods

Howdy hk -

Re: the Sprinter Forum logo image - I didn't do it, Seek did (or the vBulletin software did it for him). That image has to be publicly available so even non-members that visit the site can see it. The images that I post should, I am guessing, only be available to actual signed in members. I chose the images that I did to test at least a small subset of the settings on accounts like Llarry's.

We might be able to track this problem down further based on which images he can see.

On your #2, I think that is just a quirk of vBulletin. It is a set of circumstances that shouldn't happen all that often (a user visits the site, doesn't log in, clicks on an image to view it, logs in as requested, views the image, then uses the browser back button to go back where they were and discovers they are logged out). I think in most cases folks will have been logged in and doing other things before they click on a link to view an image.

Zach

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Not logged in:

I see the same thing as everyone else. 3 links and the sprinter-forum logo.

Logged in:

I see everything except the 2nd to the last. It comes up as a link and when I click it, I'm asked to either download it or just open it. I chose open and then I can see the picture.

Llarry:

If you don't mind, we can do either of two things...

1. Sign up for another account.

You'll have to use another email account due to how vB is setup now. I can change that for this purpose if you want to reuse your current email.

2. I delete the current one and you reregister.

Let me know what you want to do...sikwan@yahoo.com

On a side note, I don't know what you (Llarry) are doing, but I got two database errors this morning at 9:04PST and 9:36PST. :D

Just an FYI:

llarry: was created Sept 21, 2006, 8hrs, 11min.
seekman (my test account): was created Sept 22, 2006, 5hrs, 42min.
soflo316: was created Sept 22, 2006, 5hrs, 45min.

It seems as though the time to register is inconsistent with the errors we're seeing. Let me see what tech support says. From the short search that I've done at vB, it is happening.

Top Bottom