Overhead Console

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Overhead console pictures:

It looks like you have to cut holes in the headliner for the tabs.
The console goes around the existing mounts for the sunshades.

If I'm not mistaken the ceiling in the pictures looks like it's the low roof Sprinter.

You can clearly see the stamped sheet-metal piece that atacches in the ceter by the overhead light.

The existing light is just relocated to the cutout in the overhead console.

These are from the German forum...

Cheers
George

Attachments

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
just talked to Detlef (who shot the photos)

He did install the overhead console in the low roof Sprinter.

Cheers
George

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Hi George,

I am still in, and if this plate is needed, so be it, if the Germans can install it, so can we......if there is a will there is a way.......

I am all in....I need more storage......

Keep me posted,

many Thanks,

Tibor

The metal nutplates are:
A 9016302436

5,52Euro

you need two

or:

VW option (it's a 2 part shelf)
Main shelf 2DO 867 343 € 88,68
center shelf small 2DO 867 569 € 20,03
Metal nutplate left: 2DO 867 121A € 14,29
Metal nutplate right: 2DO 867 122 € 14,29
Screws: N 013 960 5 € billig
VW diagramm 867-56

Cheers
George

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
David was coming back on this! But I think he was asking for a commitment from members as to they would accept the price he quoted as he does not wish to bring them in and find he has been stuck with them for a backup deal.
Richard.

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
anymore info on the overhead shelf? i would definately be interested in getting one.

thanks

TJ

Send him an email as stated in the first post.

SPDepot, are you looking for verbal commitment or a deposit to bring these in?

I'm wondering if the factory solid partition will be a hinderance for installation?

I have a couple of the shelves and brackets in but all are spoken for. We'll let you know how installation goes and decide then if we need to stock these or just take orders for them as needed.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
I have a couple of the shelves and brackets in but all are spoken for. We'll let you know how installation goes and decide then if we need to stock these or just take orders for them as needed.
Was wondering how this went. Also is there a Dodge part number for this?

yellowmike

I installed mine this last fall. I didn't take any pics but it was a pretty east install although time consuming... I didn't weld any brackets onthe roof where the brackets on the end go. I drilled a hole in the roof liner and used a screw and nut with some reenforcing on the back side of the liner. It has worked well and is very sturdy as long as
You don't use it as a handrail or a place to store heavy items. I have my woodall's camping book an
Atlas and some other odds & ends there....

ducsingle

Ok details:
If you have the highroof, you can also install the low roof ceiling and gain a huge storage area overhead. You'll just have to reinforce the fiber ceiling element

Low roof ceiling MB A 901 690 1150

Plenty of room for your head...
I'm 6'2" and with the seat all the way up have about 8-10 inches above my head in my low roof sprinter...

George
Does anybody have pics of a standard roof headliner installed on a high roof van?

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
Does anybody have pics of a standard roof headliner installed on a high roof van?
is this what your looking for?:thinking:

with a standard headliner on a high roof it would give you plenty of room to store light stuff or reinforce it first.

Attachments

Last edited:

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
I finally got pricing on the overhead storage shelf and mounting screws (part 175 & 180 shown below) from MB. If I am right this fits the hi-roof model but I am not sure if it will fit the standard height roof or not. Someone else here on the forum may know for sure. Has anyone actually installed one of these?

Price is $290 plus shipping so it should run just a little over $300 shipped to your door. Were looking at 3-4 weeks delivery time.

I'll be glad to bring some in, just let me know how many are interested. Send me an eamil if you want one, david@sprinterpartsdepot.com

Thanks,

Hi David,

I am wondering if you ever got yours installed? I bought one of these from you and am just trying now to install, but am confused as to how. Did you ever find instructions? Any tips?

Cheers,

Tibor

maxextz

when you bought the shelf did you get a metal bracket like pictured here with it?you will need one as it supports the shelf middle while either end bolts to the headliner with a metal support behind it.

Attachments

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
when you bought the shelf did you get a metal bracket like pictured here with it?you will need one as it supports the shelf middle while either end bolts to the headliner with a metal support behind it.

I got a small metal bracket, and 2 big bolts for the side. I did not get the cover / box in the middle that covers the old light hole in the headliner and supports the shelf in the center to the headliner via this bracket., so I guess I am going to need that part, and mane a bracket, plus I think I wil need a template to cut the 4 holes in the headliner right above the windshield where these 4 portending tabs slide into. If I cut these 4 holes the wrong size or place it will destroy my headliner if you know what I mean....

maxextz

not sure what you mean by not got the box part that covers the liner light hole?
as the picture shows the "box"shaped part is part of the whole shelf and cant be removed.

also if you bought the kit you should have the black metal piece like mine in the pic ive posted.:hmmm:

the bolts either side you can just make a hole in the headliner for support but the middle part has to be secure.

are the parts new or second hand?can you post some pics and maybe i can get the part number for you if its missing.
let me know.

heres a pic of mine from another angle,notice the metal bracket over the door frame circled.

Attachments

Last edited:

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
I will take a picture of what I have today and upload for you to see, but it seems like I am missing that center box part, are you sure it is one piece? I will also include my hardware in the picture.

I have not been able to figure out how to drop the headliner completely like you did, those 3 clips at the seam to the second section of headliner do not want to separate. I saw the instructions in the service manual for this but still am troubled by how it is executed. Does one drop it by the front at the windshield first and then it separates from the second section? I do not want to beak it if you know what I mean....

One other question, is there a knock out visible on the backside of the headliner for the 4 holes that must be cut into it to accept the 4 tabs from the new shelf at the front by the windshield or must I have to measure it and cut?

Pictures soon....

Many Thanks for your input Max, much appreciated!:cheers:

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Hi Max,

Here is a picture of all parts I have. I am obviously missing parts, namely the side plates, that the 2 big bolts go into, I think I have 1 of the 2 plates, and 2 of the side bolts. I am missing the center cover box covering the former hole of the map light.

I guess I will probably have to source part numbers and have these missing parts shipped from Europe by family.

If you by chance know how I can find the missing parts numbers I would appreciate it sir, or if anyone knows of a parts diagram on this part with install instructions please link me...much obliged.

Cheers,

Tibor

Attachments

Top Bottom