HELP my key is stuck

roskomd

The key is stuck in the ignition of my 04 2500; can't pull it out, it will turn but won't let it crank. Any suggestions; I'm @ the office so I'm hunting for the corporate WD40 can; any other help appreciated!

DV

Mike Horton

Be careful with the W D, Lots of stuff near that switch that should not be oiled. I know you may have tried this, but try turning the wheel while moving the key. Make sure trans is in park or try moving trans lever with switch on.

I know you must have done these things anyone else have suggestions? Comrade needs help!

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
My problem in life is remembering where I leave my keys of late.apart from that,could use pliers to gently persuade to pull the key out.
Best of luck.
Richard

roskomd

Update- after giving it a dose of WD unsuccessfully, I note by the little ticks on the ignition, it wont turn all the way to the off/lock position. I know a diesel dosen't really have ignition, but I don;t know what elese to call it. Will keep running out to the lot & fiddling with it. I'll try the gear selector again. Thanks guys!

roskomd

THANKS!!!!!!!! i hadn't checked the gear selector- it was just a bit from in the full park detent- slipped it into park & key popped right out. Son of a..............Thanks again though I do feel like an a**!!! Have a great day all :bow:

Mike Horton

I thought that could possibly be the problem. Nice safety feature. It wont let you have your key until you are all the way in park! Glad your back up and moving!:thumbup:

Mrdi

Very good note Mike and and a small reminder to all as we anticipate the
anomalies that are so prevalent.:thumbup:

Top Bottom