2019 4x4 Delay

NoSoupForU

Dealer screenshot from Netstar.
I was hoping for something public so I didn't have to bother the dealer for up to the minute updates.

Congrats on what looks like an escapee from MB jail. It sounds like mine is in the general population with everybody else. :yell:

kfo

I was hoping for something public so I didn't have to bother the dealer for up to the minute updates.

Congrats on what looks like an escapee from MB jail. It sounds like mine is in the general population with everybody else. :yell:
Thanks. Here are updates, thought this might help some of you get an idea of timing when your vans get to this stage:

9/13: D50 RLS to Carrier
9/18: D52 Retailer Shipped
9/18: F10 Wholesaled
9/18: ZA4 Natl Fleet Ind. Change to N
9/18: S10 Shipment Pick Up-Truck

Current status: F1-Wholesaled
Dealer ETA 10/14

My dealership is in CA. I can't imagine it will take 3.5 weeks to truck from SC to CA (lol). I will update when the van arrives.

Well after numerous emails to my salesman and politely prompting him to pressure his sales rep it turns out our van which was built end of May has been sitting there for almost 4 months for nothing other than an issue with the windshield washer. Apparently it directed fluid the wrong direction or something equally mundane.

The rep got it to the dealer in SC to get repaired under warranty and then will get van shipped. I was notified this afternoon it is in fact at the dealership awaiting repair.

Hopefully we will receive it within a few weeks and can get on with the build.

As frustrating as all this is I don't feel it's floods, dirty pool etc just a taxed system, lack of oversight & from what I hear a severe shortage of employees at the production facility.....well and damn Amazons order didn't help either. Easier to keep pushing out new vans then do the legwork to see what's missing on all the rework units.

All I can suggest is pressure your salesman & reps, wish mine would have listened or stepped up sooner but thankful they finally did.

sanomechanic

sitting there for almost 4 months for nothing other than an issue with the windshield washer. Apparently it directed fluid the wrong direction or something equally mundane.

. Easier to keep pushing out new vans then do the legwork to see what's missing on all the rework units.

I don't buy into that story one moment. Never would it make sense to allow a $60,000 vehicle just sit because the washer fluid squirted out of the wrong hole. Hey I have some ocean front property for sale in Nevada. Cheap too. You wanna buy that too?

My past 35 + years in the dealership world. I have never heard anything close regarding an assembly plant sending a new vehicle to a dealership for repairs before shipping to another dealer.

Last edited:
I don't buy into that story one moment. Never would it make sense to allow a $60,000 vehicle just sit because the washer fluid squirted out of the wrong hole. Hey I have some ocean front property for sale in Nevada. Cheap too. You wanna buy that too?

My past 35 + years in the dealership world. I have never heard anything close regarding an assembly plant sending a new vehicle to a dealership for repairs before shipping to another dealer.
I'm sorry your van didn't arrive as scheduled, get in line as that is reality for a lot of us on here!

Frankly from what I've learned from my dealer as well as numerous others in regards to ordering and getting these vans delivered something like this doesn't surprise me at all.

While I understand your upset & MB pissed in your Wheaties there is no need to insult me or anyone else on here because your not getting the answers you want!

First you did it with the Michelin tires and now flooding, dirty pool etc. Guess what, most of us know that Michelin tires are the best an highest quality they always have been, but they also don't make the type that some of us want, no need to criticize those that want to purchase a different brand for no other reason than they look cool!

While your spending the next few months trying to decipher MB, criticize others on here that don't agree with you we should be spending the Christmas holiday in Sedona mtn biking and sitting in our van sipping a cold one, yep our van with BF KO2 tires because they look BA and make me smile every time I see them.

sanomechanic

:crazy::crazy:Comon now. windshield washers squirting incorrectly holding a van up 4 months. REALLY?

Glad you got you van but hey. keep it real Toto

Last edited:

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
so my 144 van is still delayed
Customer got his 144 from Mobile finally, who also has a pebble grey on the lot for anyone looking.

Onefin

so my 144 van is still delayed
Customer got his 144 from Mobile finally, who also has a pebble grey on the lot for anyone looking.
Sucks about the delays.
Pebble grey is now “rare”...that van on lot should be gone soon.
You need a 170” steel blue 4x4” crew?
I know of one due this fall.
Text me if you want the details.....it’s left coast though

run4x4

the MB dealer in Laguna, CA multiple well configured Cargo & Crew build slots which are going into production next month.

Last edited:

sanomechanic

There are several Pebble Gray non changed straight allocation 144s about to hit various dealers across the country. MB Oxnard has 2 144 4x4s in transit.

Pebble Grey and Blue Grey

Last edited:

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Sucks about the delays.
Pebble grey is now “rare”...that van on lot should be gone soon.
You need a 170” steel blue 4x4” crew?
I know of one due this fall.
Text me if you want the details.....it’s left coast though
Not for retail pricing. If they want to do fleet pricing, sure ill take it. I have 8 vans in the shop

Well the stork finally delivered our chubby little baby van this evening. Looks like only thing missing from our build is the Lighting Package-led lights, fogs etc, from what I’ve see that seems fairly common.

Does anybody know if I can add factory fog lights or if MB sells kit to do so?

Van just showed up at 5pm today so waiting till tomorrow for what rework the wipers need and dealer will fix under warranty.

After that clear film on hood, area above windshield, 235/85/16 tires and drop off to get build done.

Here’s a dirty off transport photo

Attachments

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West
Well the stork finally delivered our chubby little baby van this evening. Looks like only thing missing from our build is the Lighting Package-led lights, fogs etc, from what I’ve see that seems fairly common.

Does anybody know if I can add factory fog lights or if MB sells kit to do so?

Van just showed up at 5pm today so waiting till tomorrow for what rework the wipers need and dealer will fix under warranty.

After that clear film on hood, area above windshield, 235/85/16 tires and drop off to get build done.

Here’s a dirty off transport photo
Looks great!

No fog lights? The bumper doesn’t even look like the same bumper as you would get if you received fog lights.

Top Bottom