Sprinter get together

Just wondering how many are interested in a get together on a weekend next year?

• Total voters

rogerbeeghly

Just wondering how many people would be interested in a get together where everyone can show there sprinter. I made my own conversion but would love to see what others have done. And to see the different conversions on the market. Now would be a good time to plan one for next spring, summer!!!

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I'd be interested. But I'm all the way on the other side of the continent. :(

Unless you have a get together here. :D

Seek

xtraworx

Master Craftsman
I'd be interested. But I'm all the way on the other side of the continent. :(

Unless you have a get together here. :D

Seek

I'm in Central Texas between Austin and Waco on I35. Salado is a tourist town, and would be a great 'central' location for Sprinter gathering. We already have a corvet club, dune buggy club and antique car club gatherings here. I'd be willing to host event if there's positive response.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I'm in Central Texas between Austin and Waco on I35. Salado is a tourist town, and would be a great 'central' location for Sprinter gathering. We already have a corvet club, dune buggy club and antique car club gatherings here. I'd be willing to host event if there's positive response.
That would be something wouldn't it? All North American Sprinters converge in Salado, TX. :cool:

Zach Woods

Howdy rogerbeeghly -

I would enjoy a Sprinter get together.

Here is a thought - hold it the same weekend as the Truck Nationals in Carlisle, PA. People would have more reason to make the drive (from where ever they are located). All the Sprinters could get together at some specific location on one day and time over the weekend and folks could go to the Truck Show or Gettysburg, PA or ? over the rest of the weekend.

I'm guessing that we couldn't all enter our Sprinters in the event (seems to high profile for that) but still a good excuse/ event to get together around.

I'm biased. If we did that location I could visit my brother-in-law and his family!

Zach

Atlee

When is the Truck Nationals in Carlisle, Pa? Fall is a problemic time of the year for me. Spring or summer would be doable for me.

Don Horner

2012 Unity IB
Great idea, and the truth is that I would love to take part, but the practical answer is that I would most likely not participate. So, I voted "no".

There are several reasons why, not least of which is that my DW is nowhere near as interested in vehicle-related activities as I am. It would be a tough sell.

Maybe if it was held within 50 miles of Okeechobee, Florida ---:thumbup:

Hit The Road Jack

2006 Roadhouse Sprinter
Just wondering how many people would be interested in a get together where everyone can show there sprinter. I made my own conversion but would love to see what others have done. And to see the different conversions on the market. Now would be a good time to plan one for next spring, summer!!!
I'm in...:thumbup:

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
I'll go, but who wants to see a trashed work van??:D
buxmont said:
I would also be interested in a get together, and also have a work van.
We can have our own section of the GTG...I'm proud of my trashed work van:eek: ! Not trashed at all actually, one man show, owner/operator I take a good of care as I can in both the way I drive and appearance. Now if I could only keep the inside organized :smilewink:! Had mine for 4+ years now & still looking good!

Zach Woods

Howdy Folks -

Looks like we have enough interest to seriously consider a Carlisle area gathering!

Does anyone live near Carlisle who would be interested in looking into options for where/ how we could all meet up over the weekend of the Truck Nationals?

Zach

Old Master

Add me to the "yes" list. I live in southwest corner of Ohio...would drive to PA, but TX, CA, WA, southern FL, etc. would not. Be even nicer if there were a body of water around site so I could bring my boat. Start planning...let me know if I can help. Also, I am a former newspaper reporter/staff writer...maybe I could do a writeup with lots of photos for submission to some magazine or other publication after the meeting.

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Add me to the "yes" list. I live in southwest corner of Ohio...would drive to PA, but TX, CA, WA, southern FL, etc. would not. Be even nicer if there were a body of water around site so I could bring my boat. Start planning...let me know if I can help. Also, I am a former newspaper reporter/staff writer...maybe I could do a writeup with lots of photos for submission to some magazine or other publication after the meeting.
Welcome old master Your expertise would be valued towards promoting sprinter-source.com, I am sure you will have a reply from the master's above very soon.
Richard

mgameros

SprinterFest 2007
Have an idea. Lets have all West sprinter onwers meet and East do the same then we can have the 1st annual SprinterFest where West meets East somewhere in the middle:)

Zach Woods

Sounds like a good idea, mgameros -

Here in the East we are still looking for a "Prime Mover" to take charge of making a simple get together happen.

Candidates should live in or near Carlisle, PA (closer than I do, at any rate, otherwise I would take the lead . . .) and have more free time than my current schedule allows.

Thinking is that we would find a location near the Carlisle Truck Nationals event (see http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1&day=2007-8-3 for more info) for a roughly half day get together. I, and a few other folks, are ready to volunteer to help out in any ways that we can.

Who wants to take the ball and run with it? We promise to provide good blocking . . .

Zach

Last edited:

Top Bottom