View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 12:23 PM   #116
Aqua Puttana
Poly - Thread Finder

Thanked 14,872 Times in 9,430 Posts
Default Re: Replacement of front brake pads and rotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protege91 View Post

Also, it appears I have studs and lug nuts. Every YouTube video and discussion I've read here had me expecting screw-in bolts holding the wheels on. I had to have missed a few posts explaining which models have what.
Dual rear wheels? You have a 3500 model Sprinter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protege91 View Post
...OK time to read up on this "bleeding" concept. I always skipped that step in the past on other vehicles (not that I'm experienced but did 2 brake jobs on my friends cars 10 years ago, knowing that I would never ride with them again). It seems more important now that I'm older and smarter and driving a rolling house on mountain roads.
Open the bleeder screws BEFORE you compress the caliper pistons or you risk moving contamination back up into the CAB aka ABS module.

Brake fluid flushing is recommended on a 2 year schedule. While you are doing the brake job it is a good time to renew your fluid.

vic
Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. Publilius Syrus
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't." HaWiiLuVeR
16 ounces of unnecessary prevention can be worth a pound of manure.
Aqua Puttana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aqua Puttana For This Useful Post:
Protege91 (07-29-2019)