$185.00 for a service manual on CD ROM?

bikerjoe

I just checked with my local Sprinter dealership. A service manual IS available for my Sprinter, for $185.00 on CD ROM. UGH! I am thinking of making the investment, but I will never rebuild the tranny or pull the engine. I am just looking for information about the wiring and venting systems, etc., so that when something stops working, I know where to look for the trouble.

Right now I am wondering which wire(s) to use for two projects. I want to put electric locks on my under-bed tool boxes so they will lock when the ignition is turned off, and I want to know which wire(s) to hook into when I add some simple switches to my console for my work lights, rotators and so forth. My friend found the switches in a wrecking yard for ... FREE!!!! You can't beat that.

Also, I am still trying to figure out how the head liner comes out of my cab. I don't want to break any of the little plastic finger-thingys that hold everything together. My Sprinter has a sun roof (or MOON roof, for the left-coast types :rad: ) but I cannot figure out how the inside plastic retainer comes off. I have tried prying, pushing and pulling, and slipping a shim underneath to catch some release clip or something, but it simply won't come off!

Also, is the roof of my cab DOUBLE-walled? In other words, if I drill through the roof to mount my lightbar :thinking: , will I have to go through TWO layers of sheet metal, or is the roof panel a single layer with ribbed reinforcement?

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
If I remember correctly, you have a chassis Sprinter. I remember Doktor A mentioning a couple years ago that both the service manual and electronic versions of the parts lists were not complete with regard to chassis Sprinters.

And, no, your ceiling metal is only one layer unless you hit a rib - which I don't think chassis cabs have.

Last edited:

kurt

$185 for a CD Service-Manual not so,you can order one from Chrysler Publication for $100 including FRT.I"ve one however you need a Adobe Reader 6.0.

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
The only "rib" in the cab/chassis roof panel is the windshield header where the sun visors are mounted. The factory sunroof interior trim ring will pull straight down-then you will need to remove the sunvisiors, dome light, the A piller inner trim, the upper portion of door weatherstrip and the B pillar trim. The headliner panel will then drop. Doktor A

nocky

I have a 40 Meg PDF file that’s over 1200 pages. It shows about everything you need to know. But I don't know what year it is for. Let me know I can put it on my sons sever.:thumbup: If you have dialup forget it:snore:

Last edited:

bikerjoe

The only "rib" in the cab/chassis roof panel is the windshield header where the sun visors are mounted. The factory sunroof interior trim ring will pull straight down-then you will need to remove the sunvisiors, dome light, the A piller inner trim, the upper portion of door weatherstrip and the B pillar trim. The headliner panel will then drop. Doktor A
Thanks for the info! I will become brave wenough this weekend to tear into the interior panels.

bikerjoe

I have a 40 Meg PDF file that’s over 1200 pages. It shows about everything you need to know. But I don't know what year it is for. Let me know I can put it on my sons sever.:thumbup: If you have dialup forget it:snore:
I am mainly interested in the wiring diagrams. My God! There is a band of wires as thick as my arm coming through the firewall! What could possibly require that many wires!?

nocky

Here is what they show in the WIRING TABLE OF CONTENTS

WIRING DIAGRAM INFORMATION. . . . . . . 8W-01-1
COMPONENT INDEX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-02-1
POWER DISTRIBUTION . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-10-1
FUSE BLOCK. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-11-1
GROUND DISTRIBUTION . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-15-1
BUS COMMUNICATIONS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-18-1
CHARGING SYSTEM. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-20-1
STARTING SYSTEM . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-21-1
FUEL/IGNITION SYSTEM . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-30-1
TRANSMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM . . . . . 8W-31-1
VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-33-1
ANTILOCK BRAKES. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-35-1
VEHICLE THEFT SECURITY SYSTEM. . . . . 8W-39-1
INSTRUMENT CLUSTER. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-40-1
HORN/CIGAR LIGHTER. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-41-1
AIR CONDITIONER/HEATER . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-42-1
AIRBAG SYSTEM . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-43-1
INTERIOR LIGHTING. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-44-1
CENTRAL TIMER MODULE. . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-45-1
AUDIO SYSTEM . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-47-1
REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER. . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-48-1
FRONT LIGHTING . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-50-1
REAR LIGHTING . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-51-1
TURN SIGNALS. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-52-1
WIPERS. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-53-1
TRAILER TOW. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-54-1
NAVIGATION/TELECOMMUNICATIONS . . . . 8W-55-1
POWER WINDOWS. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-60-1
POWER DOOR LOCKS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-61-1
POWER MIRRORS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-62-1
POWER SEATS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-63-1
SPLICE INFORMATION . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-70-1
CONNECTOR PIN-OUTS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-80-1
CONNECTOR/GROUND/SPLICE
LOCATION . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-91-1
POWER DISTRIBUTION . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8W-97-1
VA WIRING 8W - 1

bikerjoe

Mine is a 2004 2500 cab and chassis. Wow! 1200 pages! hmmm.. Well, I have Cox cable, so I could download it, but I don't want to put you out. I'd appreciate a diagram of my truck though!

bikerjoe

Mine is a 2004 Cab and Chassis 2500. I'd appreciate the 1200 page file, if you can put it somewhere. I have cable and can download it.

kurt

already posted a few day ago you can buy a CD Service-Manual from Chrysler Puplication for your Sprinter for $100 including FRT.(need Adobe Reader 6.0)

flash'sdad

If you would like me to put it on my server, i would be happy to do so. I could make it available to the group. Just give me the link, or contact me offline info@endlesssummerstudios.com

:cheers:

JustDisGuy

Nocky - new to the forums, and to Sprinter ownership. Just wanted to say THANK YOU for providing that PDF file. Two years after you posted it, and it's still up and available. :thumbup: Cheers!

Top Bottom