Count of Sprinter-based RV ownership by brand

Which Sprinter-based RV brand to you own?

• Total voters

Zach Woods

Howdy Folks -

Are you as curious as I am as to just how many Sprinter-based RV's there are out there? And perhaps just as interesting, how many of each brand?

I'm going to try (for the first time) to attach a poll to this thread that lists the top 9 (in my humble opinion) brands plus an other category (polls only allow 10 options).

Let's hear from all the owners out there!

Zach

Attachments

Last edited:

Zach Woods

It's been very interesting to follow the results on this poll.

In general it seems that Airstream and Winnebago / Itasca have been in the lead since the start. Maybe it's time to start polls in each of the Brand categories where there are multiple models?

Let us know what RV you have!

Zach

Dickie52

I have the 2007 View "J" model. I have been camping for years and must say this is the best thing to happen to me, since ice cream!!!:p

Dickie
IN NY

Atlee

Just joined the forum. We have a Leisure Travel 210A Free Spirit built on a 2003 Sprinter chassis. It is badged as a FreightLiner. We bought it used a little earlier this year.

We bought it for tailgating at college football games and for touring. We haven't had a chance to do much touring yet, but beginning Labor Day weekend, we used it for 5 straight weekends for tailgating purposes. It's great for tailgating. We keep it stocked with food, beverage and clothes. We're always ready to go at a moments notice.

Look forward to reading and maybe sometimes posting. I'm still trying to learn as much about the Sprinter as I can.

LuvMyMB

We sold our '03 Winnebago/Itasca Sunstar and purchased an '05 Forest River MB Cruiser. We use it for everyday travel, occasional camping, and to visit family up north with the dog.

If you could add an MB Cruiser category, even though its discontinued, it'd be interesting to see how many people have them.

Zach Woods

Howdy LuvMyMB -

When I set up the poll I had to make some tough choices as I only had 8 maximum categories available.

Looks like I could have left Great West Vans and/or Xplorer Motor Home for the other category and include Forest River! Maybe we can run another poll in future and shift the categories around.

For now, the best way to get a feel for how many MB Cruisers there are here at Sprinter-Forum would be to post in the Forest River category: http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=71.

I agree - let's find how many MB Cruisers there are and then let's work to keep 'em on the road!

Zach Woods

Howdy Folks -

Looks like we've got a real horse race going here!

Airstream, Pleasure-Way and "Other" are running neck and neck to place . . .

Leisure Travel Vans and Winnebago / Itasca are tied for first place!

Let us know what those "Others" are - I know I'm curious!

Zach

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Well it looks like Sportsmobile for 2007,have upped the image, and are about to offer the units as badged Mercedes
Richard

Zach Woods

Howdy Richard -

And it looks like we need to get more Airstreamers to register their presence!

We are losing to LTV, Pleasure-Way, AND Winnebago/ Itasca just now!

Zach

Dudger

Hello All
First Post on this forum - It looks great
Im a bit of a cheat because my van although it has the sprinter engine (The 120 BHP 5 cylinder turbo intercooled one) - its actually one of the first Vario's - I dont know what they call them in the states ? - but its basically a 6 tonne truck (5990 kg).

I have voted as OTHER because mine is a self built camper - basically the insides of a large hymer caravan - modified and installed inside the box back on my truck, Again the box back is unusual - 12 or so of them were made for an english hotel laundry company - and i have modified it some as well.

Have a look at http://www.brisbane.co.uk/camper - thats my creation/abomination - call it what you will :laughing: .

The sites out of date - but its still not quite finished - that seems the norm for a self build, once you start to use it - theres no time to finish it :thinking:

Cheers
Dave

Zach Woods

Welcome, Dave -

Enjoyed checking out your website! I will have to go back when I have more time.

Very creative idea - taking the interior from a trailer (US for what you call "caravans") and using it inside a box van! Could be a very cost effective way to do a home-built camper.

Zach

Last edited:

ipolyi

Howdy Richard -

And it looks like we need to get more Airstreamers to register their presence!

We are losing to LTV, Pleasure-Way, AND Winnebago/ Itasca just now!

Zach
Actually, we need some way to change a vote.

I'm moving from my current 2005 Airstream Interstate ( Dodge baged ) to a 2007 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser Mini ( Freightliner badged ) as soon as they install an airbag suspension addition ( part of deal ).

Since I've already voted, I guess I'll have to put in a request to the SuperModerator to wipe my old vote & make me eligible to vote again.

PS:

check out my RV Payload Calculator @ http://www.ipolyi.com/RV.html ( it now includes mfg links )

chelliep

I just joined the forum. I see that there are no recent posts in this thread..Any other Vista Cruiser owners out there ??

We purchased a new 2007 Gulfstream Vista Cruiser a few weeks back. We then put a backup camera on as my husband wanted to see what was in back of him as
our model didn't have a rear view mirror. We are also in the process of discovery with our van.

My husband has just realized that driving the Vista Cruiser is NOT like driving a van. There are a lot of things about the coach that we need to learn ie: fridge, toilet, generator etc...black/grey water dumping being among the ones that stand out the most.

We are taking a trip to Palm Springs at the end of the month so that should be a good test. The driver delivered the unit from Indiana so he drove it a good 2400 miles. We should be able to do a 3 hr trip without any problems.. I look forward to getting to know you all :)

Chellie

Last edited:

Dan Holm

We have a 2008 Winne View 24H. Purchased in July 2007. Used for music festivals, weekend beach getaways, and believe it or not, commuting the 600 miles between Columbus Georgia and Central Virginia. Which we do about once a month. I'm watching the aux fuel tank thread, as I would like to do the trip on one tank.

Attachments

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
We have a 2008 Winne View H. Purchased in July 2007. Used for music festivals, weekend beach getaways, and believe it or not, commuting the 600 miles between Columbus Georgia and Central Virginia. Which we do about once a month. I'm watching the aux fuel tank thread, as I would like to do the trip on one tank.
Bravo:clapping: You finally get the extended Benz congratulations
Now for the rest of the bent Benz:drool:
Richard
DSC00236.jpg

SprinterSenior

We sold our '03 Winnebago/Itasca Sunstar and purchased an '05 Forest River MB Cruiser. We use it for everyday travel, occasional camping, and to visit family up north with the dog.

If you could add an MB Cruiser category, even though its discontinued, it'd be interesting to see how many people have them.
We have a 04/05 MB Cruiser badged as a Freightliner. We've been touring in it since Feb. 05 and are planning our 2nd Alaska trip in it in Aug.

Top Bottom