Ceiling fan problems...

Old Master

A few weeks ago I saw the post in here about a ceiling fan installation. It occurred to me that a ceiling fan would cool my Sprinter better than this little roof vent I had. My sister was getting a new ceiling fan for her family room, so I took her old one (four blade, 48 inch diameter) and hooked it up in my Sprinter. I wired it to run off a campground 120 v. connection or my generator. It works great, but my problem is that every time I turn it on, the blades hit me as they rotate unless I'm lying in my bunk. It is especially bad if I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and forget the ceiling fan is running. OUCH!!! :bash:

I thought about cutting the blades down to about 24 inch diameter, but I'd have the same problem. Then I thought about wearing something like a bike helmet while I'm in back, to protect my head.

So what can I do? I know other Sprinter owners have installed ceiling fans in their vans, and this one cools my van off nicely. But those blades hitting me as they rotate...they are beating me to death. Any suggestions? :idunno:

John

Don Horner

2012 Unity IB
You know how Snoopy sleeps on the roof of his doghouse? Of course, you don't get much benefit from the fan, that way -- unless you cut a hole in the roof and let the fan blow upwards. Of course, if you did that, you could just mount the fan on the outside of the roof on a tripod mount. The cool thing (literally( about that is that while you're driving, the airspeed will turn the fan blades and provide excellent ventilation. You can keep the whole arrangement dry with a very, very large MaxAir vent cover....

not to sound redundant you could have a fantasic fan installed
in your roof.

your sisters is to big for the van

Old Master

Sorry...just couldn't resist. :tongue: Actually, I thought there would be more April 1st "activity."

(Thought sure I'd get my mate Richard to bite on this :laughing: )

So, until next 4/1...

John

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
You fooled GW once! then twice? and dang you fooled him again,and your your getting me to bite!!! when April the 1St, was yesterday your nought going to fool this auld dude, twice..

Richard:tongue:
PS; besides I was born on the 3rd of April so thereTo Me.

Last edited:

Old Master

Birthday greetings to Richard, in my Aussie accent:

'appy buth-doy tae yew,
'appy buth-doy tae yew,
'appy buth-doy tae Rich-udd,
'appy buth-doy tae yew.

John (Could you understand me?) :tongue:

PS: AND MANY MORE, MY FRIEND! :cheers:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Birthday greetings to Richard, in my Aussie accent:

'appy buth-doy tae yew,
'appy buth-doy tae yew,
'appy buth-doy tae Rich-udd,
'appy buth-doy tae yew.

John (Could you understand me?) :tongue: Sort of Scottish with a little Irish mixed up with local hotch

PS: AND MANY MORE, MY FRIEND! :cheers:
What are you an Aborigine ! Which tribe My Friend:thumbup:
Actually Tasmanians are called Tasweegens , because we talk with forked tongueThanks Seek and Tibor Spent the day down on Bruny island very profitable seems like I'm the king of trades down there so it was a great day, for an old Ph-art
Your Friend Richard

Last edited:

Top Bottom