View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 01:53 PM   #29
Aqua Puttana
Poly - Thread Finder

Thanked 14,504 Times in 9,217 Posts
Default Re: Injector Leak-off Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajabum View Post
Thought this might be a simple preventive measure to take since it sounds so simple to do. The question I have is just how difficult is it to get the plastic fittings up off the injectors? I have tried to pull them off while twisting back and forth but they don't want to budge. I realise they have an O ring which makes the seal but is it necessary to use pliers or some other tool in order to get them out. What are the chances of breaking plastic fittings that have been sitting on top of a hot engine for over 200K miles? Hell you would think changing a fuel filter would be a simple task too....................................
Once the clips are removed the fitting should pop straight off.

You are correct to be concerned about breaking the fairly fragile plastic fittings. As I recall I was able to get the side of a flat screwdriver blade under the fittings to pry up on it a bit. Be certain to keep the blade in close on the fitting body and go from one side to the other as the fitting begins to rise. Perhaps using 2 blades at once.

Be careful and good luck.

vic
Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. Publilius Syrus
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't." HaWiiLuVeR
16 ounces of unnecessary prevention can be worth a pound of manure.

Last edited by Aqua Puttana; 04-02-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Aqua Puttana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aqua Puttana For This Useful Post:
angolaron (04-03-2015), Bajabum (04-02-2015), garr (09-12-2016)