Pam's thoughts on the '07...

poolmike

'05 2500 SHC
We dropped our '05 at the dealer this morning for inspection and wandered over to the '07 lot. My wife thinks that the grey side molding is horrible, and I have to agree. I'm only thinking of service rigs here, and how to incorporate some logos and graphics....the molding really screws things up.

Is it just us, or does it really look bad?

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Is it just us, or does it really look bad?
Couldn't you incorporate the logos etc. above the body side molding?

Besides the moldings, how did you like the vehicle overall compared to your current one? Would you buy it if you didn't have the one that you have or maybe buy a Chevy or a Ford van?

Seek

poolmike

'05 2500 SHC
I got a closer look at it last nite. It appears that the molding would come off without much of a battle. I just like a nice clean white 'canvas' to work with.

After a test drive in the V6 diesel, there is no doubt that Chebbie and F$%d aren't an option.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
the molding just pulls out as the clip is a plug type holder, you'd have to clean up the holes where the clips slot into the body work to tidy it up.
PS With graphics systems today, why remove them they heat shrink over every profile, so it's not really seen, just the bump.
Richard

SprntrStkd

Instead of a compact full size, it has become a full size van...the design seems almost American (gas guzlr V6's)! Gotta be around 14 MPG....anyone know or heard?

The one's i've seen were topping out at around 44 K, and that is without the new isolated fogs and arm rests! wow.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I'm only thinking of service rigs here, and how to incorporate some logos and graphics....the molding really screws things up.
I'm not taking sides, but I wanted to point out a possible answer from DCX:

I'm looking at a "blank quote" from a dealer, listing every option the order system provides to a dealer at the time it was printed.

The quote was generated on 31st March 2007. There is an "effective date" of 12th March 2007 in the footer of each page (a 20 page document).

The column definitions are "Code, Description, Optional/Standard, MSRP"

Two items in the list of the option codes may be an attempt to address the logo/graphics issue:

MC3 Front and Rear Paintable Fascias OPT $150.00
MU8 Paintable Molding OPT $250.00

Few changes are universally embraced. Maybe the options above reflect a proactive compromise in trying to "keep the look fresh," but give a nod (insulting or otherwise) to the advertising need.

-Jon

Top Bottom