Radio Codes - lost

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
Radio Codes - lost
If you lost your NAFTA only 2001-2006 Becker radio code, here is the VIN/Code list. Also good for those who have stolen their Sprinter and need the radio code. NOTE: 6+ meg file and over 900 pages- better have a good internet connection!

Link has been broken several times. Go here to find the PDFs: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showpost.php?p=138159&postcount=30

Because the Berry link has been broken several times, here are the PDFs for the OEM installed Becker codes:

NAFTA Sprinters 2002-2004:
View attachment 33516

NAFTA Sprinters 2005-2006:
View attachment 33517

Last edited:

orbaddict

I lost power to my Sound-10 while doing electrical work to my van. I called my dealer's service dept., gave them my vin, and they gave me the code. I wasn't on the phone for more than 3 minutes. Dunno if they had the same code sheet as on here or access to a database or... I think any Sprinter dealer can give you the code.

vkr

My very nice dealer charged me $10 to give me the code.
:bash:

Does anyone know what the procedure to put it in?

Thank you in advance

Having this anti-theft system on the stock radio is like posting an armed guard on a manure pile!!

That said to enter the code
: press rotary control (ignition can be off)
:you should see in display " CODE **** "
:rotate knob till 1st digit of code displays, then press tune up
button
:first digit should remain and next position should blink, rotate
and press up again
: enter all five digits this way then press and hold up button till radio beeps and it should work..

Bob

orbaddict

I folowed the instructions in the manual... it's pretty simple even though I don't remember how I did it off the top of my head. When I turned the radio on it prompted me for the 5-digit code. I believe you turn the volume knob to select a digit then push the knob in to enter it. When you get it right the radio will beep and a station/static will be heard. If you make 3 incorrect attempts then you have to wait 5-10 minutes (or just unplug & plug the power cord)

topless

Wichita, KS
Having this anti-theft system on the stock radio is like posting an armed guard on a manure pile!! Bob
My thoughts exactly.

I drove 8 hours to get home in silence, when I first bought the van because the radio codes weren't entered correctly and I had no tools to unhook the battery to start over. After I got home and got the radio to work, I decided I should have just chucked it out the window (like I was contemplating at the time, and did later.)
$40,000+ van with a $5 radio and $2 speakers.:censored:

TimJuhl

I'm purchasing a 2006 - 3500 which I am picking up in a couple of weeks. It has a am/fm/cassette radio - is that the Becker that you are talking about? The equipment list says something about "anti-theft radio."

Since many of the service items I hope to do myself start with "disconnect the battery from ground" I assume the radio codes are something I need to know.

I have the VIN Number, where can I get the code to reset it? Should I ask the salesman to look it up before I pick the thing up?

For those who have installed an aftermarket radio with CD - can you recommend a make / model that fits in without a lot of modification?

Tim - the new guy

topless

Wichita, KS
What's good about the Sprinter, after you remove the Becker and the goofy face plate, is any standard radio fits the dash hole that's left. I installed an AM/FM, single disc with a auxiliary front input, so I could plug my XM receiver in.
The first thing I tried was to use my new radio with the stock speakers, it sounded like a '60's transistor radio, so I bought some decent speakers and replace the stock ones. Since this is not my daily driver, it's a camper conversion, I spent about $200 total and am happy with my setup.
BTW, my Becker only had 3 channel presets, total. Worst new vehicle radio I've ever seen.

MartianJoe

Awesome!! I did some fuse replacement and then left town for a few weeks adn return to find "CODE" on my radio:idunno:.. Bum deal...:thumbdown: But, a quick search yielded this thread and the awesome list! Thank you!!!:thumbup:

DerFahrer

Whippersnapper
In the process of installing an air horn on my delivery 2006 Sprinter 3500, and even though I didn't disconnect the battery to hook up the + wire to the compressor, somehow my clock reset and my radio started asking me for a code. :bash:

But thanks to this list, I have a radio again!

So... thank you hkpierce!

Nbulken

I just had the Company Van's battery replaced (I got tired of Jump-starting it on a semi regular basis (original battery on an '04) I'll download the list when I get home so I can listen to the 'radio'

Last edited:

chris kennedy

I would like to thank sikwan for linking me to this thread.

I found the code that matches my vin but I cannot enter it. When I turn the radio on it says "WAIT", does not prompt me for the code. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Chris

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
when i got my new van the first thing i did was give away the radio "we here have Blaupunkts installed" not the merc standard but its just as bad.

:censored: why have an anti theft code surely you would have to pay or beg someone to take it from you:crazy: although ive seen some for sale on ebay:cry: and as for the stock dash speakers:yell:, did someone mention p.o.s :2cents:
rant over.:D:

I think what maxextz is saying is that WAIT is short for "WAIT, don't put anymore effort into this. Replace me." and I agree. I do still have my two original front speakers, but in my defense I'm very cheap and my ears are also very old. My OEM Sound10 was way less than impressive. Hope this does some good.

tegimr

2003 Pass 140 289000 mile
Radio Codes - lost
If you lost your 2001-2005 Becker radio code, here is the VIN/Code list. Also good for those who have stolen their Sprinter and need the radio code. NOTE: 6+ meg file and over 900 pages- better have a good internet connection!
http://www.berrysprinter.com/radio%20code.pdf
Well, we did not steal our Sprinter (nor the radio, hardly worth the risk of breaking the law), but the radio had quit some time ago, and we were OK with that; however, when a fuse blew for the overhead light, I was fumbling in the dark with my LED key chain light, and pulled the wrong fuse. Well, our 'radio/CD player' came back to life and asked for a code. We applied the code, and I now have one of my favorite CD's back.

AND, the family gets to listen to our CD collection again, though most of the time, we're interactive enough that the radio/CD player is not used.

Thanks for posting the list.

And, if there's anyone lurking on the list looking to steal the radio, PM me, I'll give you the address, time that we'll be away (it will have to be local, so please be quick) and you can steal the radio. We can have it loose on the seat. The insurance will purchase a better radio, which will be really cool.

Cheers to you all . . .

scooterho

Thanks, hkpierce, for posting the codes. I had the last four digits but not the first one (I bought the vehicle used thus the partial code, no manuals, no extra keys). Also, thanks to pvsprinter for posting simple instructions for entering the code. Worked like a charm!

teamtexas

A Dad owner with a '03
Ok, so I just purchased my used 2003 Sprinter and I have the code. But what I'm I suppose to do after the 5 digit code is on the screen. I tried to push and hold every button I have. The one on the top left made a beep after I held it for a few seconds but nothing changed on the screen. Anyone have a book on how this is suppose to be done? My radio has no knob, just buttons. It's a AM/FM cassette player.

Dan

Top Bottom