The ultimate diving machine

brandon

tampa fla
Here is the before and after on the new floor. I started by removing the old floor, walls, and partition. I put down foam board under 3/4 plywood (the original floor had tar/felt paper under the wood) then the floor was coated with epoxy and flaked followed by a clear coat of epoxy. so the rest will be soon. The blue lines are the tape on the aluminum ends and seams

Attachments

brandon

tampa fla
Here is an update of things we got the floor done and ceiling as well as the inslulation. The electrical guy is going to start on the inverter and converter tonight

Attachments

Nate

Brandon, the van looks great!!

What are you using for the ceiling? I am in the process of working on mine and I'm always looking for ideas.

brandon

tampa fla
the celing is made of 3/4 foam insulation board then 1/4 mdf coated so it does not soak up water then the 1/4 was coverd in black tweed style fabric for noise reduction (and it looks good as well)

TimJuhl

Hi. I'm thinking of doing something along similar lines. What did you use to secure the ceiling in place? Are you going to give the side walls a similar treatment?

Tim

brandon

tampa fla
We use a pan head screw to secure to the celing and then painted them black so that they would blend in. I am still looking of an awnser to the wall delema any help would be much apriciated by the way my spell check is broken

Brandon, how did the walls turn out? If you have any pictures and a quick note on how it has all had held up over the last 6 months. That would be very helpful to a newbe who has a lot of work to do. thanks, Merle

brandon

tampa fla
Wow Time flys!!!! The walls are still not done yet but the celling is holding fine. I am still looking for a seat to put in then I will mout the house battery, inverters, and converters hopfully this frist few months of the year I can get these things done. I will post update as they happen.

Top Bottom