Shamu, 2006 158" Sprinter Wagon in Steel Blue

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Spannman:

Nice blue van! Is that blue a metallic blue?

On the rear step bumper, are those rear sensors? I think I read somewhere that it was an accessory. I don't remember ever seeing it on the order list.

Thanks,

Seek

SpannMan

The color of the van is Steel Blue. Those are sensors. They are for the ParkSense™ Rear Park Assist System which provides visible and audible cues to aid reversing. Very nice when backing up a 22' van.

SpannMan

My wife and I have seven kids and for the last eleven years, we have been driving a white Ford Club Wagon. After 150,000 miles and many fond memories, we decided it was time to upgrade. My bride's only requirement was "it can't be white". I looked long and hard for a non white passenger wagon the this one is what we ended up with.

SpannMan

I was very nervous about the color. I was going to drive 120 miles to make the purchase and I had not yet seen the Steel Blue color on a Sprinter yet! When I got to the dealership and saw it was a deep blue, I was very pleased.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Same here. We only had pictures from the internet to show us all the shades of blue that they had available. My first choice was a non-metallic Hyacinth Blue, but we decided to pay extra just to be different and so far we're happy with our choice.

SpannMan

It is a Jetta TDI. I finally have all diesel vehicles.

1. 2006 Sprinter 158" Wagon
  2. 2001 VW Jetta TDI
  3. 1998 Mercedes E300 TurboDiesel
  4. 1992 Mercedes E300, 2.5 TurboDiesel
  5. 2002 John Deere 355D Tractor

Now, if I just had that pole barn to put everything into!

Hit The Road Jack

2006 Roadhouse Sprinter
Very nice SpannMan!...:thumbup:

Is that rear factory installed AC effective, also does using the rear AC rob power?...:rad:

Regards...Jack...:popcorn:

SpannMan

Jack,

We purchased the van in September and have not used the unit much. When it was used, it seemded to do a fine job and I did not notice a power loss. My kids were always asking me to turn it down!

ARO

It is a Jetta TDI. I finally have all diesel vehicles.

1. 2006 Sprinter 158" Wagon
  2. 2001 VW Jetta TDI
  3. 1998 Mercedes E300 TurboDiesel
  4. 1992 Mercedes E300, 2.5 TurboDiesel
  5. 2002 John Deere 355D Tractor

Now, if I just had that pole barn to put everything into!
Nice DIESEL colection.....I only have a 2001 VW Jetta TDI and a 1979 Mercedes 240D.....The cool thing is that I was born in 1979. I have a car, my age. Nice Sprinter!

tegimr

2003 Pass 140 289000 mile
My wife and I have seven kids and for the last eleven years, we have been driving a white Ford Club Wagon. After 150,000 miles and many fond memories, we decided it was time to upgrade. My bride's only requirement was "it can't be white". I looked long and hard for a non white passenger wagon the this one is what we ended up with.
Great vehicle - you'll enjoy it! We've 8 kids and our Sprinter replaced a metalic blue Suburban, and my wife was hoping for something white, as the rear A/C in the Suburban never did satisfy (we lived in the Southern US). We've never felt too hot in our Sprinter, except when it's been in the sun.

Things we like about the Sprinter -

1. Safe (Dad and Mom like that)
2. Comfortable.
3. Spacious - everyone can sit with their legs extended (try that in a Suburban back seat).
4. Head-rests for everyone.
5. Head room for everyone (WOW - getting in some vans and in the Suburban was a challenge because you have to assume some un-natural position to find a place in the back seat - and most vans that we drove were just as uncomfortable)
6. Much less swaying (side-to-side) than any van that we tested.
7. Enough power.
8. Everyone can boast of a window seat because there's so much view!
9. It makes us unique (our second oldest thinks so, but having 8 kids kinda is unusual, too.)
10. It's paid for!

Great safe and comfortable vehicle and WONDERFUL mileage 'for a vehicle that size'(as I often hear).

Many happy miles to you and yours.

Tim

SprntrStkd

What a beautiful van, the blue shamu! .....are the BENZ logos coming next? Would like to see those pictures!

Haven't had any blue sightings here in socal yet, only one green, a tan (probably has a fancy name), a red, a couple of blacks and some silvers (including mine)...oh and of course the standard white! You made a great choice!

Good Luck and Happy Ownership!

Top Bottom