2007 Steering Wheel Dodge Logo Removal

AzteK

Blah Blah Blibbidy Blah!
I dont think so. Im sure you would have to do the same as what people were doing with the 2006 and down. Taking your wheel off, taking the airbag part off, then taking the emblem off off the back.

Thats my guess though.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Agree with Aztek. Not worth the risk unless you really know that you could do it (pry it off).

You can pry it off on the 2007 Sprinters. These are held in place just like the earlier models with metal tabs that fold back under the steering wheel. These tabs are located at all odd hour positions, in other words there is a tab at 12:00, 2:00, 4:00, etc. You need to use a small flat screwdriver or something similar and carefully pry between these tabs. Hope this makes sense.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
You can pry it off on the 2007 Sprinters.
You need to use a small flat screwdriver or something similar and carefully pry between these tabs.
Exactly how fast does an airbag deploy?

Should you wear a motocycle helmet to deflect the pry tool?

Maybe the manual has something to say about disabling the firing mechanism.

-Jon

SprintED

If you saw my wife banging on the steering wheel the other day laying on the horn to warn some fool trying to back into her....you would not worry about a small screwdriver prying upwards to pop that logo off. That, and I am pretty sure the steering wheel cover is quite isolated from the actual airbag mechanism...the force of the air bag opening pops the cover open.

If some punk can bust in a side window and steal a airbag out of a parked car without it going off...then you should be fine...I pryed mine off lickety split!

That reminds me...I should probably get a set of Fiamms or equvalent horn to replace the factory meep meep roadrunner horn!

Ed

Last edited:

SprinterUSA1

Exactly how fast does an airbag deploy?

Should you wear a motocycle helmet to deflect the pry tool?

Maybe the manual has something to say about disabling the firing mechanism.

-Jon

Jon,

airbag deploys within fractions of a second.
Air you planning on keeping your prybar on the wheel and cause a head on collision?:thinking: My Sprinter has a main power shut off right next to the gas pedal. Just in case you do want to disable the airbag. Of course this will cut power for everything.

If you saw my wife banging on the steering wheel the other day laying on the horn to warn some fool trying to back into her....you would not worry about a small screwdriver prying upwards to pop that logo off. That, and I am pretty sure the steering wheel cover is quite isolated from the actual airbag mechanism...the force of the air bag opening pops the cover open.

If some punk can bust in a side window and steal a airbag out of a parked car without it going off...then you should be fine...I pryed mine off lickety split!

Ed

Ed,

Airbags deploy when the vehicle hits something head on and triggers the sensor not by banging on the steering wheel or removing the whole wheel with airbag.

Cheers SprinterUSA1

SprintED

SprinterUSA1

That is exactly my point...you would be hard pressed to cause accidental deployment by messing with the cover...

Immovable objects dont always trigger air bag deployment...as was evident in my 2002 Dodge 2500 diesel 4x4 a few years ago...got t-boned by a stolen subaru (hit square on passenger front wheel) that was going about 45 mph...truck veered off street and sheered off a wooden power pole and then hit a light standard square on the front...creased everything back to the water pump...NO AIRBAG.

I figured that the side impact was so strong it must have disabled something besides my busted hand!

Ed

SprinterUSA1

SprinterUSA1

That is exactly my point...you would be hard pressed to cause accidental deployment by messing with the cover...

Immovable objects dont always trigger air bag deployment...as was evident in my 2002 Dodge 2500 diesel 4x4 a few years ago...got t-boned by a stolen subaru (hit square on passenger front wheel) that was going about 45 mph...truck veered off street and sheered off a wooden power pole and then hit a light standard square on the front...creased everything back to the water pump...NO AIRBAG.

I figured that the side impact was so strong it must have disabled something besides my busted hand!

Ed

Ed,

did your truck have sidebags? Cause if not the front airbag should not have gone of anyway. How fast were you going when you hit the light?

Legs, arms, wrist are always at danger in a collision, since you are bracing yourself.

SprintED

Enrico,

I was going about 40 mph when the car hit me...the side impact forced me over armrest and down towards the center hump...my left had was at about 2 oclock on the steering wheel and the force shoved my knuckles into the column shifter which promptly forced the shifter into the dash. It was night time, & the car came off a side treat and did not stop..only saw him a spilt second before the impact...never had time to brace...likely why I only broke my hand and nothing else.

The impact shoved the front end of the truck over about 6 feet and momentum kept me going into the pole and light standard... I did not slow much from the original impact and probably hit at about 35 mph.

Not equiped with side air bags. Truck was only 9 months old at time of accident and it was written off by the insurance company.

I now have a built in weather station...if there is a change in the weather coming...my hand lets me know!

Ed

ewxlt

Anyone have pics of this job? Also, anyone have a link to where they purchased the new badge?

BULBASOR

I removed the Dodge badge from my wheel and replaced it with a mercedes hood badge. After you pry out the dodge badge, (can't be done without destroying the badge), you then need to take a razor blade and carfully cut the rubber ridges that were under the badge because they stick up too high for the mercedes badge to go over them. after you carfully trim those ridges to fit level with the new mercedes badge, you apply the badge. If you get in a crash, the merceded badge will probably blow off the airbag and dent your head.

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
This one is soft one.
No MBZ marks on your head.
View attachment 3426
I sell it with my Mercedes grille kits
07 and the old ones to.
Rudi
Speaking of '07 grill kits-several people have e-mailed me regarding suppliers who are not delivering on their promised delivery date and apparently do not stock '07 grill conversion parts-ready to ship. Rudi (sprinterusa on EBay) was NOT on this complaint list. Doktor A

Gerry O

Hi, does anyone have a source for the steering wheel badge? I tried the Mercedes dealer they had one 60mm wide, but I think it needs a 50mm. Anyone know the correct measurement?

SprinterUSA1

Hi, does anyone have a source for the steering wheel badge? I tried the Mercedes dealer they had one 60mm wide, but I think it needs a 50mm. Anyone know the correct measurement?

Once emblem is removed the outermost dimension of the circle/indentation is 52mm. Emblem is 50mm.
I do have an emblem that will fit but it does not have a part number on it. So I cannot point you in any direction other than hook up with one of the European guys an see if they can get one from a bashed up Sprinter.

SprinterUSA1

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom