Amazon seller tried to shake me down for more $ on CRL windows

Crazy experience. Ordered CRL T-vent windows from DK Hardware on Amazon. $508 and $504 for the windows (slider and opposite slider side), $22.99 shipping for each. I then received an email from DK Hardware to call them about the order. The guy I talked to told me I needed to pay an additional $208 for shipping:shifty:. Their email stated none of this, so I told him to email me the change in pricing and went online with Amazon to chat with them about this nonsense. Long story short, Amazon emailed them to uphold the original price as quoted on their site:rad:. I'll try to upload some snapshots of my emails and Amazon's resolution. Hopefully this is just a rogue DK employee who gets fired soon, DK Hardware seems legit.

Edit
Pictures https://imgur.com/gallery/nLNBy

Edit #2
See my next post in this thread, DK came through and smoothed it all out. Overall, I’m happy dealing with them.

Last edited:

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
DK Hardware also asked for additional shipping charges for myself and a friend above what was posted on Amazon. I was at first very irritated. Fortunately the CR Laurance Distribution center was in town, San Diego, so I requested local pickup. They refunded the $22.99 shipping charge. Still questionable behavior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sprinterPaul

Another friend of mine found a place selling it with shipping for almost same price. Keep looking if no options.

sprocket3

Crazy experience. Ordered CRL T-vent windows from DK Hardware on Amazon. $508 and $504 for the windows (slider and opposite slider side), $22.99 shipping for each. I then received an email from DK Hardware to call them about the order. The guy I talked to told me I needed to pay an additional $208 for shipping:shifty:. Their email stated none of this, so I told him to email me the change in pricing and went online with Amazon to chat with them about this nonsense. Long story short, Amazon emailed them to uphold the original price as quoted on their site:rad:. I'll try to upload some snapshots of my emails and Amazon's resolution. Hopefully this is just a rogue DK employee who gets fired soon, DK Hardware seems legit.

Edit
Pictures https://imgur.com/gallery/nLNBy
If you're near Vancouver, Wa we can now get these Local from Panther RV. Cash and Carry. Also nice to inspect them before you take them. The QC there is terrible.

asimba2

ourkaravan.com
Amazon will shut a seller down pretty quickly for hidden charge practices such as that one.

Happy ending. DK contacted me, honored the original sale and apologized for the mishandling. They gave me the option of the original delivery or picking it up at their warehouse (30 minutes from my house) for even less. I chose the warehouse because it means they don’t have to eat the extra freight charge to my house and I trust myself to deliver the windows safely more than some expiditers.

sprocket3

Happy ending. DK contacted me, honored the original sale and apologized for the mishandling. They gave me the option of the original delivery or picking it up at their warehouse (30 minutes from my house) for even less. I chose the warehouse because it means they don’t have to eat the extra freight charge to my house and I trust myself to deliver the windows safely more than some expiditers.
Nice. Open the boxes there and inspect them before you drive off.

Top Bottom