WARNING - Front Grill step NCV3?

• Thread starter Deleted member 50714
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 50714

WARNING:Wallet Enema Alert!

I have not read accounts of this temperature sensor being damaged, however, IMHO the sensor is located in an area subject to potential shoe damage or sabotage. I don't believe a Sprinter will function very well without it. Might be good idea to carry a spare. Cost under $100.00.
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

There you are...and entire family... a cold, wintry snowy night hundreds of miles from the nearest dealership. Fuel low, so you pull in. While filling up, you place your foot in the footwell center of the bumper to boost yourself to clean the windshield. Unknowingly, your shoe shears the brittle plastic temperature probe aka Bob's Dick. Hop in and a few miles down the road you're in the dreaded Limp Home Zone. There are no sign posts up ahead or competent repair facilities. Only a serious "Wallet Enema" in your future.

What's in your repair kit?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ptheland

2013 144" low top Passgr
Re: WARNING

A flair for the melodramatic today, Bob??

Seriously, I just looked at my 2013 and don't see anything like this in my front bumper footwell. So do we know what models have this probe in this location?

I, for one, can say I'm quite relieved to find that "Bob's Dick" is not in my van! :D:

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT

Clearly Bob doesn't have any balls...

...looks more like a clit to me really.

Is it the tiny probe on the pass side of the step? If so, wow, who knew? Yikes. I'll step gently and instruct all crew members to do the same. Tiny penis anyone? Ha

D

Deleted member 50714

Is it the tiny probe on the pass side of the step? If so, wow, who knew? Yikes. I'll step gently and instruct all crew members to do the same. Tiny penis anyone? Ha
Yep it's there, a little smaller than a Vienna sausage. I bet this little puppy has been an humongous revenue generator for Steelerships. Probably charge thousands of dollars to unsuspecting yuppies to replace a part less than $100.

D

Deleted member 50714

Upon replacement does this component need to be adopted/adapted or will the onboard diagnostics handle it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Good find.

EuropaParts said:
GUARANTEED TO FIT THE FOLLOWING MODELS:

2010-2016 Sprinter NCV3 3.0L V6 OM642 Diesel
Note: This part is used on many Mercedes-Benz engines
Not to be confused with EuropartsSD.

http://europarts-sd.com/item.asp?cID=0&PID=2070

From the Europarts-SD and EuropaParts picture it appears that the sensor might unseat before breaking. That is a guess.

vic

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
My MY2014 I4 does NOT have a sensor in that location. There is a hole molded into the plastic, but it is not utilized. Another advantage of the I4, perhaps? When the weather gets nicer, I will take a look at whether it is somewhere else in the vicinity.

Top Bottom