Sprinter-Forum

Sprinter-Forum (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comments, Suggestions, & Problems with the Forum (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Posts - error message (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15868)

geoffs 05-06-2011 03:55 AM

Afer some problems accessing the forum for the last hour or so, i'm able to get in but when I select the 'New posts' buttone i get a message saying;

This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 19519 seconds.

I can access the various forums OK, it's just teh New Post option that gives an error.

Regards
geoff

Altered Sprinter 05-07-2011 02:04 AM

Re: New Posts - error message

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffs (Post 135185)
Afer some problems accessing the forum for the last hour or so, i'm able to get in but when I select the 'New posts' buttone i get a message saying;

This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 19519 seconds.

I can access the various forums OK, it's just teh New Post option that gives an error.

Regards
geoff

Admin doing maintenance and or server off line or too busy to connect try again latter.
It's the bug on the U.S side,Server denial, with peak traffic load diversion.... nothing we can do but wait patiently before the Aussies can attack,,with-incommodious intel..:lol:
Richard

Oldfartt 05-07-2011 02:08 AM

incommodious = smelly toilet chair?

Altered Sprinter 05-07-2011 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldfartt (Post 135366)
incommodious = smelly toilet chair?

Well it fitted :lol:
Richard

sikwan 05-07-2011 03:44 AM

I'll look it up if I have to, but I have read and heard on technology podcasts that Australia has one of the worse internet service providers because they have a limit on the download bandwidth.

If it happens in Australia, it stays in Australia (thank goodness!). :tongue: :smirk:

Geoff, did you clear your browser cookies?

geoffs 05-07-2011 03:50 AM

The problem went away after about 15 minutes with no action on my part.

I put it down to whatever caused the access issue I had to sprinter-source.com for an hour or so prior to my reporting the problem. This was the only site I was unable to access.
FWIW, the number of seconds initially reported (as in 'try again in xxx seconds') turned out to be 6 hours. I have no idea if that's of any relevance (it's been a while since I worked on vBulletin)

Altered Sprinter 05-07-2011 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffs (Post 135382)
The problem went away after about 15 minutes with no action on my part.

I put it down to whatever caused the access issue I had to sprinter-source.com for an hour or so prior to my reporting the problem. This was the only site I was unable to access.
FWIW, the number of seconds initially reported (as in 'try again in xxx seconds') turned out to be 6 hours. I have no idea if that's of any relevance (it's been a while since I worked on vBulletin)

Geoff: Is this the sequencing that you are experiencing, after being able in part to come back on line with the forum.
Richard

sikwan 05-07-2011 10:55 AM

I would ignore the last part of the time in seconds. I don't know where that error comes from.

As for the 10 seconds, that's a setting so that no one overloads the system by clicking the "New Posts" link continuously.

Altered Sprinter 05-07-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikwan (Post 135421)
I would ignore the last part of the time in seconds. I don't know where that error comes from.

As for the 10 seconds, that's a setting so that no one overloads the system by clicking the "New Posts" link continuously.

I would ignore the last part of the time in seconds. How when it is in a continous loop, to get out of it you have no options but to log out and try again.
A strange string value allows you to access the forum only via left clicking sprinter-Forum . not via today's posts new posts or search, so a continuous anomaly exists.
Seek this has been repetitive, and when the forum is not accessible as to the forum not responding from the server, time outs, what ever , when it comes back on line that's when the above becomes an issue. [It's only again on this forum no where else.]
Is it a Cookie issue value on a string that is not formatted?
Richard

sikwan 05-07-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altered Sprinter (Post 135428)
[It's only again on this forum no where else.]

Give me another forum so that I can see how they are running theirs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altered Sprinter (Post 135428)
Is it a Cookie issue value on a string that is not formatted?

Shouldn't be, but most of the complaints have been coming from Australia.