Sprinter-Forum

Sprinter-Forum (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/index.php)
-   NCV3 Database (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   2007 and up service manual (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21962)

burns556 07-25-2012 02:32 PM

2007 and up service manual
 
hi was wondering if anyone had a 2007 and up service manual with powertrain troubleshooting in pdf format thanx

jdcaples 07-25-2012 02:36 PM

Re: 2007 and up service manual
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by burns556 (Post 191576)
hi was wondering if anyone had a 2007 and up service manual with powertrain troubleshooting in pdf format thanx

The service manual was provided on CD as a web application. Each page is encumbered with Active-X and no one's taken the time to convert the (close to 20,000) xml pages of content since it can only be read with a browser or cut-n-pasted into a word doc for eventual conversion to PDF.

-Jon

burns556 07-25-2012 05:08 PM

Re: 2007 and up service manual
 
thanks guess im stuck trying to get a cd on ebay for 50.00 bucks then.thanks for the reply

jdcaples 07-25-2012 05:12 PM

Re: 2007 and up service manual
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by burns556 (Post 191600)
thanks guess im stuck trying to get a cd on ebay for 50.00 bucks then.thanks for the reply

Is this a one-time thing or do you need the reference for future use too?

wmlog 05-30-2013 06:47 PM

Re: 2007 and up service manual
 
I have a CD - DaimlerChrysler Corporation Dodge 2006 VA (2006 & Earlier) Sprinter Service Manual 81-370-06070CD with material applicable to all VA Sprinters. The Service Manual has 1458 pages, including wiring diagrams, the body section has 312 pages, the chassis section has 94 pages, the powertrain section has 292 pages, and the transmission section has 144 pages. I have collected a number of other VA applicable documents, also, and can provide them on a CD. Using the Service Manual is like looking up material in a hard copy shop manual - all pages can be readily printed out in a .pdf format.


I have another CD - Dodge Techauthority Publication 2007 VB (2007 & Later) Sprinter Service Manual 81-370-07070CD with material applicable to all (2007 & later) VB Sprinters. This Service Manual is the same data that the Sprinter Technician refers to on his computer at the repair shop. I have collected a number of other VB applicable documents, also, and can provide them on a CD. All pages of the service manual or the wiring diagrams can be readily printed out.


Please PM me to discuss the availability of this material at a very reasonable cost.

:thumbup:

dprice667 06-05-2013 07:03 PM

Re: 2007 and up service manual
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdcaples (Post 191578)
The service manual was provided on CD as a web application. Each page is encumbered with Active-X and no one's taken the time to convert the (close to 20,000) xml pages of content since it can only be read with a browser or cut-n-pasted into a word doc for eventual conversion to PDF.

Does anyone still have this? I deal with formatting XML-based technical documentation and help systems for a living; if somebody's got a copy of the CD I'm thinking I could probably get it into a set of reference PDFs with a little bit of work as long as their XML isn't too terrible.

-dp-

Compstall 06-11-2013 09:55 AM

Re: 2007 and up service manual
 
Maybe there's a nice guy out there who paid the $300 dealer cost for the disk who will share the entire CD for free..

icarus 06-11-2013 03:47 PM

Re: 2007 and up service manual
 
The CD only runs on Windows XP if I remember correctly. (I don't use mine ever!). I had to get a tossed out lap top from a friends discard pile, do a fresh install of XP to run it. (works good) So now I have a obsolete lap top, with only this application on it. Sort of a pain!

Icarus

Compstall 06-12-2013 09:38 AM

Re: 2007 and up service manual
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by icarus (Post 245580)
The CD only runs on Windows XP if I remember correctly. (I don't use mine ever!). I had to get a tossed out lap top from a friends discard pile, do a fresh install of XP to run it. (works good) So now I have a obsolete lap top, with only this application on it. Sort of a pain!

Icarus

I figured out how to run it on Windows 8. When the internet page opens, press F12 and run in IE9. IE10 doesn't work. Does yours hang on you between pages with the older laptop? I'm wondering if it's a Windows 8 problem, but whenever I click on a new page in the program I have to wait up to a minute for it to load. Can be very frustrating.

wmlog 07-29-2013 05:45 PM

Re: 2007 and up service manual
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Compstall (Post 245561)
Maybe there's a nice guy out there who paid the $300 dealer cost for the disk who will share the entire CD for free..

... see me earlier post ...

The CDs run great in Windows (at least in Windows XP and Windows 7) and you can print out any pages you want for reference ...


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.