Sprinter-Forum

Sprinter-Forum (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/index.php)
-   Scanners (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Anyone managed to connect a scan gauge to 16+ sprinter? (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72336)

damien89 01-05-2019 08:44 PM

Anyone managed to connect a scan gauge to 16+ sprinter?
 
Tried connecting mine to my 17 euro spec sprinter but unfortunately stays in the connecting screen and then shuts off. Anyone experience this?

autostaretx 01-05-2019 11:33 PM

Re: Anyone managed to connect a scan gauge to 16+ sprinter?
 
In another thread someone quoted the LinearLogic troubleshooting information.

Primarily it was "manually set the communication protocol" instead of leaving it to snoop it out on its own.

No one reported "results" of that hint ... so use the buttons to get to the appropriate SETUP screen, and try the different protocols.

And then please report back.

--dick

Cheyenne 01-06-2019 09:26 AM

Re: Anyone managed to connect a scan gauge to 16+ sprinter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by autostaretx (Post 727832)
In another thread someone quoted the LinearLogic troubleshooting information.

Primarily it was "manually set the communication protocol" instead of leaving it to snoop it out on its own.

No one reported "results" of that hint ... so use the buttons to get to the appropriate SETUP screen, and try the different protocols.

And then please report back.

--dick

Correct Dick,

It was me replying to Damien following on from his comment on post 15 of this thread...

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...t=65480&page=2

His last comment then was that he was going to email Linear Logic but never posted a follow up.

Keith.

damien89 01-06-2019 11:39 AM

Re: Anyone managed to connect a scan gauge to 16+ sprinter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheyenne (Post 727918)
Correct Dick,

It was me replying to Damien following on from his comment on post 15 of this thread...

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...t=65480&page=2

His last comment then was that he was going to email Linear Logic but never posted a follow up.

Keith.

Hi everyone, i did email linear logic and there response was to try another scangauge, which i did and the result was the same (stays connecting), at that point they suggested that i take it to someone that has more sophisticated obd reading hardware and see if we manage to make a connection with obd system. Now when i was buying the sprinter the dealership hooked the xentry computer and worked perfectly. So im beginning to believe that mercedes has devised a way to keep us out of the system.

Winterbagoal 01-06-2019 01:19 PM

Re: Anyone managed to connect a scan gauge to 16+ sprinter?
 
Does it connect to a different vehicle's OBDII? Can you try another (gas powered) vehicle to see if it's the SGII, or the Sprinter's OBDII ?
Also, mine works with my Sprinter cab chassis, but I sent it to Linear Logic to get the firmware/software upgraded/flashed to 4.22+ level so it would work with the custom X-Gauges created by G. Chappell and James DeLong (of LL).

autostaretx 01-06-2019 03:41 PM

Re: Anyone managed to connect a scan gauge to 16+ sprinter?
 
Damien: did you *try* forcing the communications protocol?

(if you have a 2nd pre-2016 NCV3 available, you can snoop the ScanGauge to see what protocol IT chose)

--dick

damien89 01-06-2019 05:10 PM

Re: Anyone managed to connect a scan gauge to 16+ sprinter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Winterbagoal (Post 727929)
Does it connect to a different vehicle's OBDII? Can you try another (gas powered) vehicle to see if it's the SGII, or the Sprinter's OBDII ?
Also, mine works with my Sprinter cab chassis, but I sent it to Linear Logic to get the firmware/software upgraded/flashed to 4.22+ level so it would work with the custom X-Gauges created by G. Chappell and James DeLong (of LL).

Yes it does, the other scangauge that i tried works all day long on my transit.

damien89 01-06-2019 05:11 PM

Re: Anyone managed to connect a scan gauge to 16+ sprinter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by autostaretx (Post 727987)
Damien: did you *try* forcing the communications protocol?

(if you have a 2nd pre-2016 NCV3 available, you can snoop the ScanGauge to see what protocol IT chose)

--dick

How do i force the communications protocol?

Cheyenne 01-06-2019 05:12 PM

Re: Anyone managed to connect a scan gauge to 16+ sprinter?
 
But will this ScanGauge work on your Transit or the one off your Transit work on your Sprinter?

Winterbagoal 01-06-2019 05:14 PM

Re: Anyone managed to connect a scan gauge to 16+ sprinter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by damien89 (Post 728027)
Yes it does, the other scangauge that i tried works all day long on my transit.

So, you have 2 X Scangauges? You say "the other scangauge" works on another vehicle. Your Transit.
I meant you should try the same SGII that won't connect to your Sprinter, on a different vehicle, preferably gas, but not critical.
Unless I'm misreading your comments.

Dammit Cheyenne, you asked my question.:cheers:


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.