Oops.....Need part number

LondonPacific

07 Cargo Sprinter
While installing a handle near the cargo door on the A pillar I inadvertently drilled through a sensor that controls airbag deployment. It is located directly under the seat belt roll behind the grey plastic cover. Apparently it stops static electricity from deploying the air bags. My SRS light went off and off to the to stealer the van sits. They said they may know what the part is but if they can't figure it out the 40 dollar part jumps to 1500 for the whole harness:thumbdown:My thought is if they can't buy the little sensor I'll just find one on a UK salvage yard. Can anyone find this thing in the part manual?:idunno:

Thanks

Phillip

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I'd be willing to meet you if you want to try to remove some pieces to expose the (MB) part number on my 2007 Sprinter. PM if you want to try. I do have the factory partition which could, um, "make a saturday of it." :)

-Jon

SPRINTERUK

HERE TO HELP
hi phillip
i am back on monday
if you give me your chassis number and the part or loom you need i will look for you to see how it can be brought
just tell me when it is located
regards
chris

LondonPacific

07 Cargo Sprinter
Dealer tracked down the part. Amazing how it took 3 hours to replace what basically looks like a wire connector. Oh well at least it's fixed and the airbags won't randomly go off.....Last time I drill in the A pillar without looking.

Top Bottom