Sprinter-Forum

Sprinter-Forum (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pictures & Videos (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Motorcycle hauler (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74531)

mad-jakal 03-20-2019 08:47 PM

Motorcycle hauler

3 Attachment(s)
I have almost finished putting the finishing touches on my Sprinter (just kidding - I know that this will never be finished!) This will take me to Alaska for the summer and I wanted to share some pics.
Thanks to this forum, I managed to "borrow" a few ideas

Nate.evans 03-21-2019 09:14 PM

Re: Motorcycle hauler

Damn....that’s sweet.

Bob Laps 03-21-2019 11:55 PM

Nice job dude

larrr 04-11-2019 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad-jakal (Post 752452)
I have almost finished putting the finishing touches on my Sprinter (just kidding - I know that this will never be finished!) This will take me to Alaska for the summer and I wanted to share some pics.
Thanks to this forum, I managed to "borrow" a few ideas

How about a proper shot of the bike? :drool: I was thinking about putting a trailer on my van for mine. Curious how you stabilized it in there.

vidwize 04-12-2019 04:19 PM

Nice,

Those light touring, smaller bikes are great, considered ramping one of my H.Ds. in back door of sprinter. Ramping at 65 Y.O. ??? Deuce in between twin beds ....considered... but thought Hot engine= bed edges may not be compatible, and extra weight on single axle ? I do have firestone ride right helper bags installed already. ??? Or pulling 5x8 covered trailer....Pulling a trailer, kind of takes away from the smaller sprinter size ! Retiring soon and I'm riding one of my bikes till end of days ! Biker rallies, Fly fishing, but Sprinter/motorcycle combo a must.

Cool pics Thx for ideas :bow:

Vid

turkeypie 05-04-2019 03:57 PM

How did you hang your bike on the wall?

julie777 05-05-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkeypie (Post 765643)
How did you hang your bike on the wall?

Probably the same method used to keep water in the sink. :hmmm:

The Grand Tour 07-06-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidwize (Post 759346)
Nice,

Those light touring, smaller bikes are great, considered ramping one of my H.Ds. in back door of sprinter.

Vid

That's not a small motorcycle. It looks like an Adventure-Touring motorcycle, and they are generally among the tallest type of road-going motorcycles there are.

Adventure-Touring motorcycles are very versatile, but are better at Adventure-Touring than any other type of motorcycle.

Do you ride motorcycles? What type?

The Grand Tour 07-06-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrr (Post 758945)
How about a proper shot of the bike? :drool: I was thinking about putting a trailer on my van for mine. Curious how you stabilized it in there.

Probably a Pit Bull Trailer Restraint or something like that.

What kind of motorcycle do you have?

Cwhite87 07-12-2019 11:35 PM

Great to see more motorcycle hauler threads. i didn't see straps so im guessing a pit-bull TRS like my self or one of its few competitors