Sprinter-Forum

Sprinter-Forum (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/index.php)
-   Winnebago / Itasca (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   End of the line for Via/Reyo (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63804)

israndy 03-04-2018 05:26 AM

End of the line for Via/Reyo

Had to think something was up when I could only find ONE model of VIA on their website a little bit ago, but now there is NO Class A Sprinter made in North America. That's a real shame. I was in LOVE with those when they came out in 2010. I was fortunate to get a 2007 Serenity in 2011 for $64K, no way I could have afforded a 2010 then. I do love my LTV, when I park next to someone in the mall I fill the space and can still get out as the cab isn't as wide as the rest of the RV.

But then I think, Gee, I could be getting all the benefit of driving a Sprinter and have a TON more indoor space in the cab. Even have an overcab bed if I wanted. I know they were making the floorplans for the View identical to those for the Via/Reyo, but that real Class A RV is going to be missed.

RIP Winnebago/Itasca Via/Reyo

-Randy

ps. If this is old news I am sorry, first I am hearing and I looked for posts about it and found none.

pfflyer 03-04-2018 12:24 PM

Re: End of the line for Via/Reyo

I too loved the idea as well and looked at a couple used ones before I bought the Melbourne . I would like to sell the Melbourne now and get a small class A for a little more room. Some have said the Via/Reyo was lacking in power but I talked to a couple of owners and they said that wasn’t the case for them. Dennis I think said the engine was a pain to work on. I haven’t decided whether to go back to Diesel or get a gas model class A yet. If it is a diesel it will be an older pre Def model.

2x1968muscle 03-04-2018 08:52 PM

No doubt about it, the engine compartment is a bit tough to get into. Removing the hood improves things, but that's a bit of a pain.
We have a 2010 Reyo 25R and find it to be a great size and has enough power for what we need. The full slide gives us lots of room in a short time.
We go up the Coquihalla Hwy (Hwy #5) doing 60 kph on the steep bits. Last summer we pulled our boat up the Coquihalla and still managed decent forward speed. If you haven't travelled in BC and experienced the Coquihalla Hwy then its worth a trip.
Fuel economy is averaging 15 to 17 miles per gallon so hard to complain about that.

Sad if it's getting chopped, but from what I see there are not too many people ready to give up the larger V10 powered models. Those that want the smaller diesels have gravitated to the many models using the sprinter nose (View etc) and somehow the Via and Reyo didn't have the same popularity.

showkey 03-09-2018 08:28 PM

Prior to The purchase of my class C, I looked long and hard for a VIA with rear twin beds.........they were rare and often high priced..........gave up and settled on class C.

israndy 03-09-2018 09:00 PM

I had hoped that This was just a layover like they did with the Era when they went to the BlueTech Sprinters, give them time to retool for the new Sprinters coming this year. But the Yahoo group around Via/Reyos has a guy who commented that they spoke to Winnebago who is trying to limit their selections to make it easier on the customers. Really, I wanted the Via with the fancy captain's chairs, when they got rid of those in 2014 I was checked out and then they got rid of the full body slide. Gads.

-Randy

eightyeightkeys 04-13-2018 03:37 AM

Dang. That's too bad. I really did like them quite a bit although someone dubbed them the plastic pig because of the extreme difficulty to service the engine.

I'm going out on a limb and say that the Via will return revamped in 2020 when the new Sprinter chassis will spark new, perhaps slightly larger, designs. I've read that there's supposed to be a Sprinter 4500 variant :-) on it's way.

TJLee089 04-14-2018 01:07 AM

Add me to the list. I have yet to see any floor plan that compares to the Reyo/Via 25R (discontinued after 2013) that has a single large slide, a full, permanent queen bed, and (in my case) a permanent table. No setting up bed and table daily, except for pulling out bed 12". With a rear bath, the inside is very open with the slide out. Yes, accessing the engine is very tight, but MB was able to change the fuel filter without removing the hood.

Winnebago build quality is mediocre but the 25R floor plan is a dream.

eightyeightkeys 04-14-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJLee089 (Post 643649)
Winnebago build quality is mediocre but the 25R floor plan is a dream.

Yep. I'm with you 100%

keeper 04-16-2018 11:10 AM

I also wonder what's up with the Via. I can't find it on the winnebagoind.com site. If I do a google search, I can find the Via on old winnebagoind.com pages (2015-2017) but nothing on current pages. There's one RV dealer that shows 2019 Via available for order but the floor plans says 2017 (http://www.olathefordrv.com/product/...-25p-679510-10 ) - something doesn't seem right about that site.

There is a rumor out there about Winnebago coming out with a new class A on a Sprinter. I wonder if there is a new re-designed Via on the way - new design, new look, new name?

If someone can find the Via on a current Winnebagoind.com site, please include a link. Maybe I'm just missing it somehow.

keeper 04-16-2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeper (Post 644369)
I also wonder what's up with the Via. I can't find it on the winnebagoind.com site. If I do a google search, I can find the Via on old winnebagoind.com pages (2015-2017) but nothing on current pages. There's one RV dealer that shows 2019 Via available for order but the floor plans says 2017 (http://www.olathefordrv.com/product/...-25p-679510-10 ) - something doesn't seem right about that site.

There is a rumor out there about Winnebago coming out with a new class A on a Sprinter. I wonder if there is a new re-designed Via on the way - new design, new look, new name?

If someone can find the Via on a current Winnebagoind.com site, please include a link. Maybe I'm just missing it somehow.

I'll answer my own question. I contacted Winnebago and asked about the Via. I was told that the Via is no longer in production.