PDA

View Full Version : 10 pin trailer harness connector

Mike LaB.
02-09-2010, 10:41 PM
I've been away from the forum for a while. My apologies if this is rehashing old news, but...

a friend showed me a computer readout of a Sprinter 2500 wiring harness that showed a ten pin connector somewhere in the wiring harness. It was was for connecting a trailer hitch wiring harness. The schematic showed ten connections and what lights they were to energized when connected. I drew a sketch from memory and only remembered the ground connection as pin number 8. If this connector is actually installed on a factory wiring harness I haven't been able to find it. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Thanks.

sikwan
02-10-2010, 01:13 AM
If it was an installed option, the connector according to the service manual is at the rear of the vehicle.

If you don't have that installed option, I doubt it's there. It would be nice though.

famof8
02-10-2010, 03:47 PM
It would be part of the tow package option. If you do not have the hitch, you most likely will not have the connector. Depending on whether you use a powered or non-powered tail light converter will determine how much of a pain it will be to install the necessary components to pull a trailer. If you have a small trailer with only the left and right tail lights, you will most likely be alright with a non-powered unit. If your trailer has more than that, like mine with 14 lights on it, I would recommend the powered unit. It installs the same way but, you will need to also run a power wire to the battery. This link will give detailed instruction on installing the powered tail light converter. http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7489

Mike LaB.
02-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks guys. I don't have a trailering package. Guess that explains the lack of a harness connector. I appreciate the feedback.

I ordered the receiver hitch by Hidden Hitch. Should have it in a week or two. An auto mechanic buddy will wire the harness for me.