10 pin trailer harness connector

Mike LaB.

I've been away from the forum for a while. My apologies if this is rehashing old news, but...

a friend showed me a computer readout of a Sprinter 2500 wiring harness that showed a ten pin connector somewhere in the wiring harness. It was was for connecting a trailer hitch wiring harness. The schematic showed ten connections and what lights they were to energized when connected. I drew a sketch from memory and only remembered the ground connection as pin number 8. If this connector is actually installed on a factory wiring harness I haven't been able to find it. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Thanks.

Attachments

sikwan

06 Tin Can
If it was an installed option, the connector according to the service manual is at the rear of the vehicle.

If you don't have that installed option, I doubt it's there. It would be nice though.

famof8

Famof8 + 1 = Famof9!
It would be part of the tow package option. If you do not have the hitch, you most likely will not have the connector. Depending on whether you use a powered or non-powered tail light converter will determine how much of a pain it will be to install the necessary components to pull a trailer. If you have a small trailer with only the left and right tail lights, you will most likely be alright with a non-powered unit. If your trailer has more than that, like mine with 14 lights on it, I would recommend the powered unit. It installs the same way but, you will need to also run a power wire to the battery. This link will give detailed instruction on installing the powered tail light converter. https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7489

Mike LaB.

Thanks guys. I don't have a trailering package. Guess that explains the lack of a harness connector. I appreciate the feedback.

I ordered the receiver hitch by Hidden Hitch. Should have it in a week or two. An auto mechanic buddy will wire the harness for me.

Top Bottom