where is this oil seepage coming from?

luftkraft

I'm new to the forum and have owned my 2006 short/tall sprinter for a few months now. While on a short trip a few weeks ago I noticed some oil seepage coming from this moulded plastic interuption in what appears to me to be part of the turbo intake plumbing as there are large diameter flex hoses connected to either side. Could anyone tell me if this needs immediate attention? Could this moulded plastic part suffer a similar failure to the turbo resinator? It doesn't appear to be a loose hose clamp, I've checked them already. I'm not very familiar with the sprinter motor so any help would be appreciated.

talkinghorse43

Just a very minor seep of blowby oil from either (or both) sensor seals (inlet air temperature & boost pressure sensors). The oil there is on its way to being burned in the cylinders anyway, so no need to worry something is wrong.

stroud_omnibus

Check those hose clips are really tight! I replaced the sensor housing (mounting had fractured) and did the hose clips up to what I thought was tight and had a lot of oil seepage. Did them up really well and no further problem. Don't forget, there is a lot of pressure going through those hoses when under load.

luftkraft

Thanks for the info. I'll check to make sure everything is extra tight, I'm wandering if the hose might have a split in it. I'll check everything over carefully. Thanks again.

poiuytrewq

mine has shown this for the last 2 years(since i bought it) it seems to seep out at this fitting(i think its called the temperature sensor?). I put high quality hose clamps on it and over a month or 2 it seeps out again. Just wash it and live with it, i have.

Top Bottom