My first code

Chandlerazman

I have an appt with the Dodge dealer in the morning. Hopefully they can take care of it. Otherwise the van runs fine with no driveability issues.

Chandlerazman

The cel light went out today as I was preparing to turn it in for service. I drove for about 100 miles and no issues. Interesting vans! Dealer said there was nothing they could do unless the engine light was still on. It took about 6 keystarts to clear whatever was bugging it.

Dealer said there was nothing they could do unless the engine light was still on.

I'm no expert, but unless the code(s) is reset using a scan tool of some sort, the codes are still stored in the ECM Engine Control Module and should be readable by the dealer DRBIII scan tool. Every dealer service writer should know that.

I don't know what dealer policy is, but I would think that under warranty they would at least connect the DRBIII up to check based upon a customer reporting that the CEL Check Engine Light (AKA MIL Malfunction Indicator Light) was on. I could be wrong. Do they think you'd lie to them about the light having been on??? FWIW. AP/vic

Chandlerazman

We are talking about the same dealer that says my rsn issue is normal... I'm sure they could scan it for me (I didn't clear the stored code) but they would need the van for a day :rolleyes:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I'm no expert, but unless the code(s) is reset using a scan tool of some sort, the codes are still stored in the ECM Engine Control Module and should be readable by the dealer DRBIII scan tool. Every dealer service writer should know that.

I don't know what dealer policy is, but I would think that under warranty they would at least connect the DRBIII up to check based upon a customer reporting that the CEL Check Engine Light (AKA MIL Malfunction Indicator Light) was on. I could be wrong. Do they think you'd lie to them about the light having been on??? FWIW. AP/vic
DRBIII scan tools are not appropriate for ChandlerAZMan's NCV3.

The appropriate tools are: StarSCAN (end of life'd), StarMOBILE (dead man walking), WiTECH (current Chrysler corporate preference), or an MB Star Diagnosis System (MB SDS).

-Jon

Last edited:

shanemac

Simon i thought you brought your van to a MB dealer last time....:thinking: to me the least a garage could do is hook up there scan tool and do some checking that way.

DRBIII scan tools are not appropriate for ChandlerAZMan's NCV3.

The appropriate tools are: StarSCAN (end of life'd), StarMOBILE (dead man walking), WiTECH (current Chrysler corporate preference), or an MB Star Diagnosis System (MB SDS).

-Jon
Jon,
:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: and :doh:again!

I forgot I was in the NCV3 section.:bash:

The codes should still be in memory though. Thanks for the correction.:thumbup: vic

P.S. - See, I said I was no expert.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I think the code's probably still there, but harvesting the information requires time, tool-owning-business cooperation and incentive (even if it's just curiosity).

It's probably not worth the quest for an answer.

-Jon

Top Bottom