Why no shocks available for the 2007 Sprinter

kendall69

I searched the home pages of Koni, Bilstein, and various shock warehouses and nothing turns up.

What's up, it's 2010 don't these people think 2007 vehicles need shocks?

I know others have Jerry rigged shocks to fit with some success but I'm wondering why the manufactures have not stepped up.

Thanks

autostaretx

Erratic Member
One might also wonder why this NCV3 question is under the "T1N Sprinters"/"T1N Talk" area of the forum?

(not that it's not a good place to get general answers, too... but you may be missing experienced NCV3 shock-buyers)

Looking at the shock page David42 linked to, the model change to NCV3 came with the 2007 model year. But that list shows the shock to be the same as earlier models.
I doubt that listing.

Kendall69's sig says that he has a 144" WB, which is definitely a NCV3

--dick

Last edited:

kendall69

jdcaples..

Thanks, I even called Koni USA and they said sorry, no shocks for the 2007 Sprinter.

Sorry about posting in the wrong spot I didn't know I was under earlier year Sprinters when I posted.

mendonsy

I'm still only seeing till 2006????

Last edited:

mendonsy

jdcaples..

Thanks, I even called Koni USA and they said sorry, no shocks for the 2007 Sprinter.

Sorry about posting in the wrong spot I didn't know I was under earlier year Sprinters when I posted.

mendonsy

I'm still only seeing till 2006????
Yeah, I thought you were looking for T1N parts. Guess I should have read more carefully. Apparently the shocks are different for the 2007 and newer models???

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I think the rear shocks are ok to use for the NCV3. I don't think there are any for the front.

dukepilot

Custom Spooling USA
Koni 82-2434 is the part no. for rear shocks for 2007-2009 2500 Sprinters. Also fits earlier models. I have these on my NCV3 and they are vastly superior in ride quality and rebound control compared to the stock underdamped shocks.

As I understand it, no Koni struts are available yet for NCV3 vans. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
My Sprinter is an 07, new answer to an old question, you may have to wait for stock:

I bought mine here. This price includes shipping. (eautoworks is more when you add in shipping and handling fees.)
THMotorsports
Order Confirmation
Extended Price
(2) 82-2434 Koni Shock - Heavy Track Series $239.04 shipped

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
a pm I got:

Mrdi said:
Gary,

Did you put in your own shocks?
Did you also add the fatter sway bar?
Improvement?
My 2008 144 will have a very light DIY camper unit.

Thanks,

Mrdi
I own a fair number of tools and some mechanical ability, I have been doing all maintenance and mods. My Sprinter had the 3/4" factory sway bar. The new sway bar is 1 1/8" from Helwig, under 200.00 shipped, took a little over an hour to install. The shocks took about 20 minutes.

Both dramatic improvements, the sway bar tamed side to side rear end motion and the shocks set on full stiff eliminated the jacking feeling you get from the un-weighted side when cornering or going over bumps.

I installed the sway bar first, then the shocks.
Both highly recommended Gary.

minigoogoo

Gary,

Do you have a part number for the Hellwig sway bar? I couldn't get their search feature to find a Sprinter of any type.

Thanks. :thumbup:

Last edited:

aeroshots

qualityair,

Is the anti-sway bar from summit a replacement for factory? I do not have a factory bar and am looking for one with mounting hardware. Also still looking for konis for my 2008. Can only find them for up to 2007.

HappyFamilyVan

Captain Ahab
I would give your local MB dealer a call and check their prices.
My local MB dealer, at least for maintence items, has better prices then I have found online.

qualityair

'09 144" Cargo
qualityair,

Is the anti-sway bar from summit a replacement for factory? I do not have a factory bar and am looking for one with mounting hardware. Also still looking for konis for my 2008. Can only find them for up to 2007.
I replaced my existing sway bar with the larger one for better sway control due to my roof mountrd ladder rack, even thou I have 1/4" plate steel added as flooring, I was getting alot of body roll. The bar seems to have helped.

The Helwig comes as a kit with mounting hardware for vehicles with no factory set up already.

aeroshots

I replaced my existing sway bar with the larger one for better sway control due to my roof mountrd ladder rack, even thou I have 1/4" plate steel added as flooring, I was getting alot of body roll. The bar seems to have helped.

The Helwig comes as a kit with mounting hardware for vehicles with no factory set up already.
One more question and I will leave you alone. I have an RV conversion with a generator aft of the rear axle. How far to the rear of the axle does the anti-sway bar protrude?

Top Bottom