PDA

View Full Version : Driver-Side Mirror Obstructed

oswe
01-29-2010, 11:11 PM
I just bought a 2006 Sprinter. As I sit in the driver's seat and look out the window to the side mirror my vision is obstructed by the vertical black strip that divides the roll-down window from the triangular window at the front of the door. And the two angle options that the mirror bracket allows doesn't provide for a good view of the next lane either. As the bracket does not seem to have any adjustment options I would like to know what other people have done to solve these problems. (The passenger side mirror works fine.)

maxextz
01-29-2010, 11:39 PM
thats just the way it is .you have to move you head when using the mirror.
it also depends on your height and maybe even seat position.
max..........:smilewink:

Altered Sprinter
01-30-2010, 12:28 AM
The said mirror has three manual arm extensions for adjustment on the outside mirror.
Fine tuning via electric assist to set mirror for a perfect drivers position.
Unless the outside arm is fixed,then well:idunno:
Richard

sikwan
01-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Which mirror version do you have?

http://sprinter-source.com/wiki/index.php/T1N_mirrors

If you have the short metal versions (middle picture of above link), you need to push the driver's side arm all the way to the forward detent, and turn the mirror side detent to compensate for the forwarded arm.

Actually, come to think of it, the above method works for clearing the bubble mirrors. You may not need to do it.

I have the short metal arms and I have no problems clearing the vertical bar for both my regular mirrors and bubble type.

glasseye
01-30-2010, 04:53 AM
I hated that obstruction during the first ten minutes of driving my Sprinter. I soon learned to compensate for it. Now, I never think about it. My mirrors can't be adjusted to remove it. Fore and aft seat position can make a big difference.