PDA

View Full Version : Stereo question

dg55117
01-25-2010, 06:22 PM
I've read everything out there with respect to sound and aftermarket head units etc. but I'm still left scratching my head. Now I have to do something. I finally insulated and made an awsome headliner for the ceiling(using tongue and grove flooring -I'll post pics if anyone is interested) and ran speaker wires for yet to be installed rear speakers. I just want to plug in an OEM Becker for a 2005 with CD( I have one w/ cassette that is broken)So, anyone with one that they want to get rid of...-please let me know ASAP!
Absent that, are there any aftermarket ones that will simply plug and play without messing with connectors/plugs etc? Of course, I'll have to wire up the rear speakers but I can handle that.
Also, just getting the DAD unit up and running. Will post on forum soon.
Thanks all

sikwan
01-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Absent that, are there any aftermarket ones that will simply plug and play without messing with connectors/plugs etc?

I faintly remember someone mentioning some VW related jumper connection that worked, but I think it was for a specific aftermarket deck. :hmmm:

In any case, I would say no.

Park
01-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Check Crutchfield.com. They make their own harnesses and mounts to make anything work with anything, pretty much.

ZED
01-26-2010, 02:55 AM
The research I did also showed that Crutchfield had the adapters.

I'm contemplating leaving the stock POS in place. One look and no one will try to steel it. Then I'll hide just an amp under the co-driver seat with a pigtail for an ipod.

Definitely post up on your headliner. Folks are always interested in more ideas.

dbeyer
01-26-2010, 03:29 AM
I finally insulated and made an awsome headliner for the ceiling(using tongue and grove flooring -I'll post pics if anyone is interested)

Pics please

David

Narcis Dragomir
01-26-2010, 03:31 AM
I got one. I just replaced mine (2006 CD) last week with a pioneer one. Let me know if you want it. narcis

dg55117
01-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Hey Narcis-
I'll take it. Let me know what you want for it.
I like the idea of keeping stock as well POS no one will steal!!!

dg55117@yahoo.com
612-759-4719
Dave

Nate
01-26-2010, 01:23 PM
The stock stereo can't be that bad.

I mean come on it's got a lock out code if stolen so it must be good, right? :crazy:

mackconsult
01-26-2010, 03:20 PM
I bought a crutchfield unit. We can watch movies while the parking brake is on :thumbup:.