First try at changing fuel filter on MB Cruiser Diesel

MB Cruiser

Hi everyone, this is my first post. Have been reading on this site for a few days now, very interesting reading here.
I am going to try and change the fuel filter but would like to know if there are any problems I might encounter.
I was looking at the filter and it seems you need torx heads to loosen the clamp that holds the filter, can anyone tell me what size? Another question is how do remove the the preheating valve from the locking arm? I have the service manual downloaded but want to make sure before I start. Any other advice is appreciated.

Rick

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi everyone, this is my first post. Have been reading on this site for a few days now, very interesting reading here.
I am going to try and change the fuel filter but would like to know if there are any problems I might encounter.
I was looking at the filter and it seems you need torx heads to loosen the clamp that holds the filter, can anyone tell me what size? Another question is how do remove the the preheating valve from the locking arm? I have the service manual downloaded but want to make sure before I start. Any other advice is appreciated.

Rick
Hi Rick PDF as a guide line to assist in your inquiry

How to replace the fuel filter (2001-2002) - Sprinter-Forum.com
Richard

MB Cruiser

I got the fuel filter changed today. Wasn't to hard of a job, be a lot easier next time now that I see how everything goes together. Getting the clear fuel line out of the filter was the hardest. Maybe it will come out easier next time.

Thanks for the information.
Rick

Top Bottom