Shift lever adjustment

PeteInLongBeach

Does anyone know how to adjust the shift lever detent position for Drive? Mine is basically OK, except when in Drive the lever rests too close to the "+" (upshift) switch. I can select "-" (downshift) normally, but when I release the lever from downshifting, it bumps the upshift switch (negating my downshift) unless I'm very careful and let it return very slowly. Even then, a bump or vibration will cause it to bump the upshift out of my desired gear. Perhaps this is a switch adjustment, not technically the shift lever. But, either way, does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks...

talkinghorse43

Since the '03 service manual only talks about removal and installation of the shift lever assembly (SLA), I'm guessing the SLA is seldom rebuilt. Since almost everything built by man can be repaired, that doesn't mean it can't be done, just might be difficult.

glas1700

My shift lever acts similarly, but is very sensitive to downshifts. If I tap it for an upshift and don't release the lever slowly, the transmission simply drops back down a gear. If I had known that there isn't an adjustment, I think I would have had it replaced under warranty.

Byron

Top Bottom