FED EX guy tells all about his sprinter!!

Aircraft Wrench

My FED EX guy stopped today...no, I didn't order something and have it shipped just so I could talk with him!!

1) he has a 05' SHC 158 with A/C, a really cool ceiling bower unit that is reversible(!) made in DE with a factory switch on the panel...Company name on fan motor was Aurora (SP)
2) blew the turbo resonator @ 25K
3) dislikes the anti-slip traction control that lowers the engine power and does not allow him to get the thing unstuck!! He has been down a lot of long driveways on foot!
4) only 2 oils changes in 53K...eats him up that FED EX isn't doing a better at PM
5) He had a all wheel drive Safari before this unit....always broke down!
6) had this one since new, no fuel issues...
7) I did not ask him about tranny rumble (SORRY!)
8) Has never checked the mileage
9) LOVES IT!!

Old Master

Very reassuring, Wrench...thanks for the post, and I just decided to go ahead and order that turban resin-hater resupplessor for my Sprinter. :laughing:

Aircraft Wrench

To clarify the Butter...1) the ceiling fan is totally separate from the A/C unit
2) I though of being cheap and not buying a 'sonator 'limnator ....but at 600 miles that thang could go out at any time I was on the road...

3) Waldoch conversions has my '06 140 SHC cargo for the interior mods... I have pics before and I'll post some when complete..remember ITS A CARGO/WORK van...I'm prepping you now...

Good Night!

Jim Barker

Aircraft Wrench

It can be defeated by civilians with regular Sprinters but his "button" is hidden behind the panel....evidently, I read, because the drivers were tearing out some rear ends by excessive spinning tires...:D

Best !

Jim

Top Bottom