Airport parking advantage with a tall Sprinter!

Farm Bus

I went to pick up my daughter at the airport, which has a schnazzy new parking ramp. That my High Top won't fit in. So we looped around, and pulled up next to the security guard at the curb. My wife asked him where we ought to park. He looked pleasantly puzzled (as though he enjoyed that the schnazzy new parking ramp had a fault) and called somebody on the radio. We were instructed to park in the "Commercial Lane", you know, where the shuttle busses park! Right in front, right at the door!!!! FREE!!!:tongue:

BUT, the best was that I used my cool only-one-side parking lights! I rotated the headlight switch all the way backwards, then pushed it down to turn on the driver's side. Awwww-yaahhh. Glad I didn't have my camera, because I never would have heard the end of it from the ladies if I'd taken a picture: "Argh. You are so weird about your Sprinter!!!"

Yup. :crazy: Guess I'm funny that way.

Brian

sikwan

06 Tin Can
You are lucky. I had to circle around the arrival terminals because they do not allow any vehicle to park more than a minute. After circling around the third time, I had to do the illegal and use the cell phone while driving and found out that the wife was waiting for me in the departure terminal (upstairs). :wtf:

stockrex

hey brian did you park at the GR airport?
well i fly out of detroit and they have an oversize lot there and it is $16 a day :-(

lofty whiteley

lofty whiteley
brian .when i pick up friends from the air port i always wear my hi-viz coat.free parking 20% off coffee.but a bin man asked me why i was working on his patch .happy new year .lofty

Farm Bus

You are lucky. I had to circle around the arrival terminals because they do not allow any vehicle to park more than a minute. After circling around the third time, I had to do the illegal and use the cell phone while driving and found out that the wife was waiting for me in the departure terminal (upstairs). :wtf:
Well, duh, she was departing the terminal! Where else would she go! :lol:

Must be SFO! My wife's from Burlingame, and I was born in Marin. I would love to move back and not have to know a durn thing about ASR unless I go to Tahoe, which I can't afford anyway!

Brian

sturgisrun

I park in "Loading Zones" all the time if I am not going to be long & turn the flashers on- I have never gotten a ticket nor even had a Cop look twice - Since the Sprinter looks like it belongs there.

This has save me both money & time when I am downtown for something.

I love my Sprinter

From the High Desert of New Mexico . . .
sturgisrun -> Terry

================

Top Bottom