Passenger Van Tie Downs

ringnalda

Sold my sprinter Cargo and replaced it with a Sprinter passenger. Now I need to tie down my motorcycle and the handy round tie down rings are missing. Anybody BTDT?

Jan

sikwan

06 Tin Can
An option is to use the crossbars that the bench seats hook into on the receptacles. You do need something to keep the front wheel rigid if you're tying them from the handlebars.

Is this a dirt bike?

ringnalda

Nope I typically put two Honda CBX1000's in the back, side by side... That's why I liked the side rings.

Cheers, Jan :rad:

Lojack72

'02 DIY adventure van, 300K miles (210K by me)
Bed Anchors

I haul bikes occasionally in my '02 as well, found bed anchors at Home Depot for about $15/pair. Details here, since I couldn't find them on Home Depot's website:

http://shop.easternmarine.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=6599&categoryID=235

Just drilled through the floor, and installed with a plate underneath and plenty of marine silicone as the middle is open. I picked up a cheap chock form the local bike store for the front wheel then welded a plate on & used bolts into another set of anchors. There's a small plastic plug that threads in when you're not using the rings so they're flush to the floor.

Top Bottom