PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Fuse Block #3

jogger
12-25-2009, 05:51 PM
:hmmm:I am trying to find Fuse #5 (7.5A) in Fuse Block #3. The Owners Handbook and Manual allude to it but fail to specify it's exact location. If anyone know's where it is it would save a few Milk Cartons (LOL).
I have already checked in and around the drivers seat and under the hood. It holds a lot of fuses but I can't find it.

Merry Christmas

mendonsy
12-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Try this thread::thumbup:
Fuse Blocks (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9058)

rvdriverca
12-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Don't know fore sure, but you did not mention the fuse block on the steering column below the wheel behind the cover with a screw head at the top. Try it . good luck:2cents:

jogger
12-26-2009, 03:47 AM
No problem finding reference to it in the manual.
I have located blocks #1 and #2 but nowhere can I see #3, and of course that's the one I need.
Has anyone torn their van down to the wiring yet? Or is it going to be me?
Cheers and Happy New Year

sikwan
12-26-2009, 06:32 AM
:hmmm:I am trying to find Fuse #5 (7.5A) in Fuse Block #3. The Owners Handbook and Manual allude to it but fail to specify it's exact location. If anyone know's where it is it would save a few Milk Cartons (LOL).
I have already checked in and around the drivers seat and under the hood. It holds a lot of fuses but I can't find it.

What does Fuse #5 supply power to?

There are only 3 places that I know of where fuses are located; off the battery positive, underneath the steering column, and underneath the driver's seat side panel. I wouldn't bother with the one off the battery. 7.5A is found in the other two places.

mendonsy
12-26-2009, 03:56 PM
No problem finding reference to it in the manual.
I have located blocks #1 and #2 but nowhere can I see #3, and of course that's the one I need.
Has anyone torn their van down to the wiring yet? Or is it going to be me?
Cheers and Happy New Year
According to the pdf file posted by hkpierce #1 is under the dash, #2 and #3 are under the drivers seat.
Fuse3.pdf (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19716&d=1261345295)

jogger
12-26-2009, 09:24 PM
It's the fuse supplying the fog light switch.

dryadtree
09-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Does the mysterious fuse block number three actually exist, I still can't find it?

mendonsy
09-28-2012, 02:05 AM
http://sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=46176&stc=1&d=1348794035

autostaretx
09-28-2012, 04:54 AM
This is a duplicate thread... ( http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22934 )

But, concerning Mendosy's photo posting: some Sprinters (not mine) have a second row of fuses (filling the gap where we're seeing wires in his photo)

As far as i know, the mythical Fuse Block #3 (as shown in the service manual) is/are merely fuses added to the driver's seat-side panels.
There was a recent thread which included a photo of the three-row driver's side area.
The owner's manual (you can download one from dodge.com) shows this for the seat-side area:

..but doesn't provide a listing... YOUR specific fuse layouts are listed on a paper label on the inside of your seat-side panel's door.

The other way to find a particular fuse is to follow the color-coded wire listed by the service manual.

My 2004 Service Manual says that Fuse 14 in Fuse Block 1 (the steering column block)(15 amps) feeds the Fog Lamp Relay Contacts.
That's what actually powers the Lamps.
It also says that (as you wrote) Fuse 5 in Block 3 (7.5 amps) feeds the Fog Lamp Switch... which merely powers the relay.
Look at page 8W-50-10, and you'll see that it's a Black/Yellow/White wire that carries the power from F14 Block 1 to the relay... and it's the Red/Black wire that powers the relay's coil.

I'd check ALL of my fuses, and look in the relay panel (under driver's seat, not necessarily on the side of the pedestal) for a bad relay... and identify the relay by the wire colors listed above.

good luck
--dick