starting and stalling fuel problems please help

westconn

hello my sprinter is giving me a problem with the fuel delivery. or so i think.

my sprinter is a 2002 and i am in New york USA. maybe someone in the area that works on them?
i was wondering if anybody knows how to fix it and where i can get it fixed besides the dealer.

the fuel pump ligth on the bottom left corner of the dash on top of some dots comes on and when this hapens i lose power and i can not go faster than 45mph,
also some times in the mornings , the van takes forever to star.

please help , some people have told me that it could be the fuel pump, or a by pass line selanoid, what ever that means.

Anyways, it was running fine until last week, when the van starting dying on the highway at about 70 MPH, and also it would not star quick like it use to.

the day before yesterday it died and now i can not get it star it. i need to go to work.

it has a new fuel filter that was install about 4 months ago so the other cause that it could be is that the pump is sucking air.
i see air in the clear plastic line going to the pump from the fuel filter and i do not know if this is normal or is it?

is there a specific area or spot where this problem is known to hapen in this year van?

i really do not want to go in the search for the lost gold city, if there is a way i can find where to go and see this info in this forum and you can let me know , i will apriciated greatly.

thank you.:bow:

Top Bottom