Save on GAS!!!

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
You need to be aware the is much speculation to these swirler's, as to the benefit derived from fitting them.
Increasing turbulence in the intake manifold changes air-fuel ratios of lean burn and can alter the emission standards on a modern engine
savings are speculative but an average of 5% can be expected , with the negative of added carbon emissions.
Adding inline fuel savers such as Fitch work as they agitate the fuel and clean impurities as well.
In the USA there is a standard where they are supposedly to qualify for emission standards, but it takes time to find them.As It's a general question
Have a look at these links and make up your own mind.
I use the Fitch fuel in line savers however it's in conjunction with fuel additives and twin oil in line filtration systems for maximum emissions standards, the cost you would not take it on it's too expensive as to the fuel savings in the long term , I do it for environmental testing For the European Justice Commission for transparency to comply for Euro 4 and 5 Testings on Nox and Co2 emissions as a guide line for Mercedes Sprinters engines down under.
I know they work on the Vito as these engines run hot But the sprinters, I don't know.
Links have good information
worth the read.
Richard.
Directory:Fuel Efficiency Retrofits - PESWiki
Fuel saving gadgets - a professional engineer's view
http://www.thegreendirectory.com.au...-Australia/Fitch-Fuel-Catalyst-Australia.html

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
A couple of thoughts -- just the thoughts, nothing but the thoughts:
1. perhaps the turbo charger creates a lot of turbulence
2. I believe turbulent air, all things being equal, has a lower air pressure than non-turbulent air in that not as much air can exist in the same space if it's turbulent.
3. If the turbo charger creates turbulence, perhaps there could be more air packed into the cylinder if the air could flow smoother and perhaps the resonator works obliquely toward that end.

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
Re: Save on Diesel!!!

Does anybody know if this thing really works?
that thing is like a bad infomercial. The seller is spamming it across all makes and models hoping (in my opinion) to get people to bite at anything with fuel prices being so high.

A little "heads up" and sensible driving will do more for your Diesel economy than any such pos add on. Save your $$. That would be nothing more than a donation.:2cents:

chaozz

these gadgets make me laugh..there is always like 10
differant types of things you could add to any car all claiming
to add 5-10% performance etc. So if i add all 10 think
i would get min 25% better..I dont think so

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Have to agree with Scott and Chaooz.
The site claims EPA Proven testing! yet shows no links to the claim?
Speculative and nothing any one could put on a for sale site, via eBay.
No thanks
Richard

acvr4

The way I've always looked at those things as a scam, they are blocking the air intake, hence restricted air flow - How can that be better? :idunno:

bikerjoe

What a crock! LOL! A "vortex generator" ??? Lets apply some logic. Your engine is rotating at 3000 RPM. That means your piston moves up to TDC (Top Dead Center) 50 times PER SECOND! Now just how much "rotational turbulance" do you think this cheap piece of a discarded cat food can could produce in 1/50th of a second!?

Remember: If it sounds too good to be true ..."

Top Bottom