shudder judder rumble

davve1

Hi all i have a 313 sprinter 2006 manual uk spec

there is a juddder just after i change up a gear 3rd 4th 5th then it goes when i let my foot off the pedal or the revs are high say i put it in 4th gear at 42mph it goes a round 50mph had wheels balanced checked underneath props u joints etc
any1 else had this problem or know the problem please
dave

talkinghorse43

Maybe clutch problems? Sounds like clutch might be stick/slipping due to contamination (oil) or insufficient pressure from pressure plate.

davve1

my cylinder head cracked a few weeks ago had it replaced picked up the van drove it turbo wasnt workin my mechanic said it was the 2 injectors he replaced them picked up the van then drove down the road and it started shuddering

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Seems like you may have more than one issue. So, what happens if you dip the clutch on the move and coast - does the rumbling continue or disappear?

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
yes if i coast no rumble or dip the clutch but not in 5th gear if i dip
Ok so if I understand you correctly it:

1. Doesn't rumble when you coast in neutral
2. Does rumble when you coast (fifth selected but clutch held in)

If that's right it does seem to be transmission / driveline related.

Last edited:

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
I think what you're saying Dave is that you don't hear the noise if coasting in neutral or with the clutch in, but you do when it's in gear and out?

Last edited:

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Seems unlikely that it would be your prop shaft - prop vibration issues are usually continuous ones. I think if you're only hearing the noise when you're actually in or changing gear that does seem to point more to a clutch or flywheel issue than anything.

Last edited:

Top Bottom