Key barrel / Tumbler replacement & Latch cable pProblems

motomob

Hi my 2nd thread, I thought it best to start a new one even though this is related to my door troubles. I aligned the door through the guides supplied in the other linksand that helped and the latch is now locking but the cable and lock mechanism up the front and doesn't return back to its spring loaded default position. So once opened trying to shut the door again the latch and cable aren't in a position to allow it to close and with all the covers off I can pull the lever the handle pushes back to its rightful place and it shuts. I'm pulling the whole door off tonight to see which it is, latch or cable but anyone care to hedge any bets on past experience.

The next bit of work is I'm replacing the tumbler or key barrel as I knew it to be called. The plastic end which is attached doesn't seem to want to pull off and is spring loaded in a way, before I really start yanking it around to get the end off is there a recommended method of doing this before I break something as the manual is no help in this area. Thanks.

motomob

Just to let everyone know I managed to replace the tumbler. There are two wholes at the end of the length of plastic the tumbler sits in. Push a bit of wire or a screw driver in one and it pushes the end of the tumbler clip back and you can pull the tumbler out by the key in it or with a set of pliers.

Top Bottom