I'm getting brake warning

gemiadami

Hi folks,
My brake pads and plugs are good.
Hydraulic level normal.
But I'm taking this warning.
On the way straight.
When the engine is stopped and restarted, the warning goes off.
But I'm getting this warning again after about 20 minutes.
What could be the problem?

Attachments

vanski

If it’s winter, I’m probably skiing..
You posted this in the wrong section, but what I’ve seen a few times and could be the case for you, is the plug wires run against metal thus becoming grounded thus turning on the light.

alexk243

KulAdventure
You posted this in the wrong section, but what I’ve seen a few times and could be the case for you, is the plug wires run against metal thus becoming grounded thus turning on the light.
I would think this is most likely the issue, may not be something you can see. May be within the pad or covered areas. I have this happen from time to time and it always clears up. Brake pad level is fine.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
The brake pad warning is internal to the gauge cluster. If you pull the connector off the back you can trace the wires down to the wheels. The wires are normally floating with respect to ground. If they are grounded even briefly, while the cluster is on, the light will illuminate, and stay that way until you turn the ignition off.

calbiker

Another option is to remove all 4 plugs. Let them just hang in place. Drive around and see if light comes back on. If not, install plugs one at a time until you find the bad one.

I had that issue. One of the plugs had a crack. After going through water the pad warning light went on.

Top Bottom