thermometer in dash

cedarsanctum

re: Member
I have noticed a strange phenomenon going on with the outside temperature display in the dash of my NCV3. When i first get in and turn on the key it will register a temp of 157+ (never seems to be the same) degrees, and immediately starts dropping to the correct reading within 5 seconds.

Has anyone else noticed this?
We have the steering wheel control buttons.

Jef

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Are you referring to the digital display that reads either vehicle speed or outside temp?

-Jon

bikergar

Jef

Mine does the same thing and has since new.

No steering wheel buttons.

Jon

I'm not sure about yours, but yes on mine it's the speed or temp display.

gary

Last edited:

cedarsanctum

re: Member
Are you referring to the digital display that reads either vehicle speed or outside temp?

-Jon
If that's the display above the useless clock, above the transmission selector display, then yes. It's the bottom square window in the center of the bezel.
I've never tried to see vehicle speed displayed digitally, the analog display works fine.

Jef

RickL

The extremely high value you see displayed is a nonsense value. What is happening is that the on-board computer is 'booting up' and hasn't gotten around to reading the temperature sensor yet, so it displays a nonsense value. Once the computer reads the temperature sensor, it then displays the proper value. This appears to take about 5 seconds. From a geek perspective, the better way to handle the temperature sensor is to initialize the value to zero when the computer boots up, wait until the temp. sensor is read and then display the correct temperature. Sounds like a 'feature' albeit a rather annoying one!

folzag

FWIW, I've never seen mine, no steering-wheel buttons & built in Feb 07, do that. So far the two affected Sprinters were built in Nov 07 and Mar 08. If anyone else sees this I'd be interested to know your build date.

Last edited:

Top Bottom