Standing height question....

dm123x

The closes dealer is a 45 minutes drive so perhaps someone would be able to answer this for me.

The 2009 documentation say the "standard" Sprinter van has an interior height of 5'5" .... does it mean a person who is 5' 5" - me :) will be touching the roof if I was standing in it or is there a little bit more height?

Thanks!

Bob

D

dilleyoshempy

Only info I can give you is in my T1N standard roof sprinter I was able to stand straight up only tilting my head sideways, im 6'4.

HappyFamilyVan

Captain Ahab
I have a standard 144" passanger with rear A/S...Just measured and it is 5'4" in passanger area...under the A/C ducts which go down the center you lose about 1.5 to 2 inches.... I am 5'6" and I only have to slightly bend my head...the high roof would have been nice but since this is a daily driver and part timer for camping for me and not a full time RV...I like the standard/low roof...better miles per gallon and less wind profile for cross winds on the highway....cargo Sprinter will gain you maybe a couple of inches over the passanger wagon.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
The closes dealer is a 45 minutes drive so perhaps someone would be able to answer this for me.

The 2009 documentation say the "standard" Sprinter van has an interior height of 5'5" .... does it mean a person who is 5' 5" - me :) will be touching the roof if I was standing in it or is there a little bit more height?

Thanks!

Bob
Twistyroad has a standard height NCV3, if I recall correctly. He probably cites the interior height in one of his write-ups or other postings.

-Jon

bikergar

My connection is reeeal slow right now so I didn't open this, but I suspect it may the answer...Once again compliments of jdcables...:thumbup:

click

gary

high speed's back...Cargo-65"...Passenger-65"

Last edited:

dm123x

Thanks guys!
Gary, it's the same info I have - different year.

I am looking at a cargo van, not the passenger. I guess I'll make the trip over.
I prefer the standard model because it would fit under my carport.

SYCO GT

I'm 5' 11" and have the standard roof passenger and find it works perfectly for my family and friends. Sure I have to bend a little, but not a big deal. Most don't, certainly the kids don't notice it at all...

Originally, I wanted a high roof, but then I figured most of the people I transport wouldn't even notice it.

And people not familiar with Sprinters think it's plenty tall inside, since they are comparing it to Minivans or other vans.

J

johnny3435

I have (3) 2008 Freightliner units left if you're interested, starting around $30,000. Includes comfort seating and other nice extras- let me know if you're interested- thanks!

twistyroad

Twistyroad has a standard height NCV3, if I recall correctly. He probably cites the interior height in one of his write-ups or other postings.
-Jon
Stock interior height of my '08, low-roof, 144", passenger model was 65", but my build-up of the floor has reduced that to about 63".

Top Bottom