A/C off REST button

Daig

Can some one explain to me what it means when the "A/C off Rest" button light is illuminated? Not sure if it is off or on when lit?? Also, would my van be a T1N or a NCV3?

Thanks,
Daig

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Can some one explain to me what it means when the "A/C off Rest" button light is illuminated? Not sure if it is off or on when lit?? Also, would my van be a T1N or a NCV3?

Thanks,
Daig
Your 2007 Sprinter is an NCV3, like mine, like Shanemac's, like BBlessing's.

When the AC Rest light is on, I believe our AC Compressor is resting, not working.

-Jon

bikergar

Daig

Your van is a NCV3 (2007 and newer)

If the red light is on your a/c is at rest. That's how I remember it. If you push the defrost button the red goes out meaning the a/c compressor is running. If you want conditioned air push the button, light goes out, compressor starts.

A nice feature if you can remember to do it is turning the temp control all the way warm or all the way cold depending on the season, and push the a/c rest button when you exit the van (key off). The fan will come on to position 1 and will continue to run for 30 minutes or some predetermined battery voltage to pump conditioned air into the cabin in your absence. A Reilly nice feature in cold environments.

gary

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
I interpret the REST function to mean "free cab heat with engine off" - it only works with ignition off after all and is separate from AC. It's not a great feature though is it - the engine's radiated heat doesn't last much more than ten minutes even though the REST timer runs to thirty.

Top Bottom