2005 sprinter front brake caliper dust covers?

poiuytrewq

I have been looking locally for replacement dust covers for the bosch 2 piston front brake calipers . The parts that i am looking for are accordian rubber boots that protect the caliper sliders from road debris. When i had the calipers rebuilt the boots were not available and were broken. Does any one know where i can get them? I know if i dont replace them i will certainly reduce the life of my expensive european brake parts. I have a 2500 long tall sprinter
thanks

poiuytrewq

thanks for the response, i checked ebay but found nothing, i tried the local dealers(canada) they show no part, only complete calliper at $400- but mine are rebuilt. Now there is a ebay tiawan, but its in chinese. I was hoping the europeans would chime in on this, since i expect this is more common for them

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
...When i had the calipers rebuilt the boots were not available...
Did the place where you had them rebuilt source a rebuild kit? Did they just open them up, hone and reassemble?

In lieu of finding the replacement part, load it up with caliper grease. That will at least create a lasting barrier from the elements.

poiuytrewq

it seems the piston seals and piston dust seals are common size, but the accordian rubber slider parts are not available through canadian sources

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
The Taiwan site is in English but the seller is questionable as to accuracy
The said dust cover is ABS molded plastic.
But which of the two were your looking at Bosch single or dual! if ATE he hasn't got them.
Richard

poiuytrewq

i should try to be clear about the part i need since im not sure what else to call them. There are 2 bolts that retain the calliper onto the spindle assembly, if you remove these 2 long bolts, you can remove the calliper from the disk and replace the pads. These 2 bolts are smooth finished on the non threaded part- there are 1 rubber boot for each bolt to keep debris from causing the calliper to potentially stick- which will lead to premature pad wear.

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
i should try to be clear about the part i need since im not sure what else to call them. There are 2 bolts that retain the calliper onto the spindle assembly, if you remove these 2 long bolts.............
those are the caliper slider bolts for the I call them. The caliper "floats" (and is secured by) those two bolts. I know what you are talking about. They really shoud be the easiest to find. You need to find a good auto parts store with an experienced counter guy....not too easy these days. They should cross reference with some other Mercedes?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Not that simple even with Mercedes [we sell only a complacent caliper]Have you a Bosch site in the USA the parts are available.
Richard

poiuytrewq

thanks for all the reply- i have been looking for this for some time, thre is no website i can find searching bosch brakes that shows any calliper at all, the usa site shows nothing but pads, i believe only the european locals would have these small parts for me, at this point i would but it from anywhere

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
This a just plum crazy there must be a U.S site for Bosch as it's on half of the US production vehicles that are using ABS systems these parts are interchangeable,
As an example on the clutch system on the alternator.
Can some one please produce a schematic and preferably a photo in high definition macro format
Bosch has extensive archives and part number interchange numbers
Chris in the Uk can also produce the parts as required if "HE" has guidance
like those non existent anti rattle kits for the said dam calipers.
COME ON GUYS! PUT YOUR THINKING CAPS ON.
Richard

poiuytrewq

im in Canada, and have had no luck at all, simply there is no money in it for someone to locate and sell me a $10part- so they probably say, here is the price on a new caliper, tuff.

312 diesel (closed)

The ones on mine were identical to those used on a Volvo V70 T5, but my van is older than yours so I don't know if the design changed. I happened to have some Volvo ones in the toolbox so used those and never tried to buy them from Mercedes.

Top Bottom