Another Adventure

charliebebo

Well I bought my 2003 SCH 2500 158" 95,000 miles a month ago. After a round with the local dealer and fuel line issue in another post. I changed oil, filter, fuel filter, air filter and today my trans oil came from Euro Parts. Good deal. After looking at several post it was not a bad job.Every one told me it takes 8 qts or liters to change inc converter. What frustrates me is I put in the 2 4 liter jugs and poured old oil in jugs to find there was only about 6 qts in it. You would think the dealer would check the fluid with a 94 dollar 34 point check. Would 1 1/2 to 2 qts low normally have an effect or is 8 liters too much? The trans shifted fine before but the common low speed rumble I've read about.
Test driving it did it once after change but not after warm up. It this common or to be concerned. Mercedes makes a great product but I don't like not having a dipstick. I'll have to spring 50 bucks for one.
So far Sprinter happy.:clapping:

mackconsult

Well I bought my 2003 SCH 2500 158" 95,000 miles a month ago. After a round with the local dealer and fuel line issue in another post. I changed oil, filter, fuel filter, air filter and today my trans oil came from Euro Parts. Good deal. After looking at several post it was not a bad job.Every one told me it takes 8 qts or liters to change inc converter. What frustrates me is I put in the 2 4 liter jugs and poured old oil in jugs to find there was only about 6 qts in it. You would think the dealer would check the fluid with a 94 dollar 34 point check. Would 1 1/2 to 2 qts low normally have an effect or is 8 liters too much? The trans shifted fine before but the common low speed rumble I've read about.
Test driving it did it once after change but not after warm up. It this common or to be concerned. Mercedes makes a great product but I don't like not having a dipstick. I'll have to spring 50 bucks for one.
So far Sprinter happy.:clapping:
Low speed rumble has nothing to do with transmission I thought. I have that on my 2005 its just vibration the drive shaft. You can live with it or there is an aftermarket add on you can do that minimizes that.

Top Bottom